Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4

Fuel filter b16a/b16b

Hey guys, does anybody know if there is a difference between the fuel filter in b16a and b16b?

Same thing , same location ( engine bay just of the firewall next to the brake booster) - inlet bottom outlet top.

Pretty sure all 96-00 eks are the same fuel filter as to all DC's (93-00) - please correct me if wrong guize

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by babybashjnr View Post
    Hey guys, does anybody know if there is a difference between the fuel filter in b16a and b16b?
    just make sure you reference it by car not engine. some car got b16 like an old da or ef, and they have different style filter. look at the filter.

usually eg/dc/ek have inlet on top and outlet on bottom of filter. older model have inlet&outlet on top of filter.

some jap import eg have the old style too. like a jap import eg4 vti.

thank.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4
    Oh ok I see. My car has a b16b engine but haven't been able to find out what fuel system is being run at the moment.
    I will have to have a look when I get home. By inlet and outlet do u mean before and after fuel pump?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    inlet is the part where fuel comes from fuel pump. outlet is the clean fuel after fuel filter going to fuel rail/injectors.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    grey 94' EGG
    ive had this similar prob before,

my 94' eg b16a fuel filter had inlet and outlet on top, but i went off and bought without looking (coz im a knobbly noob) fuel filter with inlet top and outlet bottom... so best thing is to look at your existing filter

"Bennjamin - ' engine bay just of the firewall next to the brake booster' "

and go buy from there / if you going down to honda dealer, take a snapshot of your fuel filter

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4
    I see what the confusion is lol I was meaning is there two fuel filters