Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Skunk2 vs Toda vs Blox Camshafts

Hi i am about to drop stage one cams into my b18c7 with power fc. So far the best I have heard of is Skunk2(Pro 1) and Toda (A2). However Blox is cheap, and i heard they are pretty much copies from skunk2, but is the quality the same? Also! Edelbrock!! are they any good? because they are very cheap? Can anyone please advise me and tell me how big of a difference is there between these 3 brands?

greatly appreciated!!!
    Last edited by z5367489; 15-11-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4
    What are you using the car for? Track or daily? How much r u looking at spending
    If u using as daily I would go either skunk2 pro 2 or 3, depends if u r willing to get ur head modified to fit the stage3 as I'm pretty sure u have to modify ur head

mostly daily sometimes hill runs and occasionally track days. not planning to put aftermarket valve and springs except if anyone here knows edelbrock because it has a really cheap deal. my budget is around 500-600$

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4
    That budget will be cutting it very fine. Are u installing and tuning? U should be able to buy just the cams for that price
    I would just go all out with the head, heavy port polish, stem seals, etc so u not going back and forward. That's what I would do if I was in ur position

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4
    U would also need more parts such as adjustable cam gears etc to get the most out of it

i see, but have you heard of edelbrock?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Yea I heard of them. Its a yank company I think. I mostly see their stuff on V8's

You are going to need a lot more than $600. That will just cover the tune.
    If you just want the camshafts I'd say about $500 just for tune, $1000 for brand new cams + install

AND

Its better to do the valve train as well if your the type of guy that will always want more power.
    You'll save on parts that you should have went with instead, labour as your doing it all in one go and retuning, as its expensive and you dont want to do it after every single mod. PLan ahead.
    Choke dealer

yea i mean $600 is excluding the tune. $600 is just for thr camshafts. for skunk 2 a stage 2 cams with valves costs about $1300 AUD where edelbrock stage 2 camshafts with valve springs costs only $around 700 therefore i need opinions on edelbrock

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Skunk2 aint that great i remember there was a cataclysmic fight over the net with dodgey skunk2 parts, angry customers, skunk2 in damage control puttibg up bounties . I even think anonymous got involved.

Ask your tuner.
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Edelbrock been doing jap cars for a long time now but its not really big in Aus.

To get actual real feedback about their cams you need to snoop the american forums like hondatech

so i would say edelbrock will not be a bad choice? I have seen forum discussing about skunk2 and edelbrock's intake manifolds and other products. they stated that skunk2 does not always have best fitments and edelbrock usually has no complaints. can i take these opinions into my decision lol?

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    I think if you're going to 'upgrade' your Motor/vehicle in some way, you should be using parts that meet or exceed OEM quality.

Skunk2 and Blox are not worthy of consideration, i wouldn't put a skunk2 part on my Accord even if it were free.
    You're asking for advice between Skunk2, Toda, and Blox.
    It's comparing crap, awesome, and cheap-knockoff of crap.

I know some of us can't just throw huge amounts of money at our cars, but you have to be realistic about it.
    If you cannot buy a 'suitable' product (And by that i mean a quality product), either save up.. Or don't buy anything at all.

Ontopic: Toda.
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".