Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5

Brakes slipping?

Hey guys I have a question in regards to my DC5,

I've noticed with my brakes that when im going at high speed (eg. 80km) and if i go to do a sudden stop (press down hard on the brake pedal), my car will slow down and then suddenly, will hear a "cling" sound and my brakes seem like they vibrate and slip? My car will continue rolling forward unless i put pressure off the pedal and then repress.

Also I've noticed that my brake pedal feels as if they go down a bit furthur then they used to and when the pedal is pressed down, it feels very hard.
    Is this a problem with the brake fluid or something more serious (such as worn brake pedal or damaged calipers)

Thanks in advance all

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Seems like you might have a fluid leak
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5
    Thanks for the fast response! Just wondering if there could be any other potential problems? and are fluid leaks easy to fix?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Just a matter of tracing them and finding the source. Are you losing fluid? Check the fluid reservoir
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5
    I'll check it out, first thing once the suns up Thanks so much for your help curtis!

It sounds like the 'clang' is the ABS engaging - your description is pretty much spot on for what happens when ABS is engaged in the DC5.

I wasn't able to understand fully the second part of your question. Are you saying that your brake pedal has more travel before the brakes start to bite? If thats the case, it might just be as simple as air in your brake lines, and a simple brake bleed will fix it.