Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Another thing is a simple wheel alignment. Wont help greatly, but if you get all the angles right, it will make it more predictable
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Where would I be able to pick up a kit from? I can't seem to find one on eBay. Also I was driving on the freeway just now and there were grooves on the asphalt I wasn't even accelerating fast and I felt it slip a little and I was going straight.

I'd recommend getting your s2k's suspension checked out.

Mine is perfectly controllable in the wet - obviously don't be a dickhead but there is no need to baby it everywhere. I sure don't and very rarely have issues.

go get it checked to make sure everything is alright - worn bushings and stuff like that will make these things worse.

otherwise, just drive it carefully and you will get used to it.

Mostly what others have said.
    I've got RE002s F+R factory sizing and the bugger refuses to slide in the wet above first gear unless you're being an absolute twat. Yes its twitchy in the wet but only if you're going for it - I've no experience with lesser tyres in the wet however so can't comment further.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie15 View Post
    Where would I be able to pick up a kit from? I can't seem to find one on eBay. Also I was driving on the freeway just now and there were grooves on the asphalt I wasn't even accelerating fast and I felt it slip a little and I was going straight.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150493579...84.m1423.l2649

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000, DC2R
    get the toe arms from hardrace australia http://www.hard-race.com.au/index.ph...ory&path=20_67 this is where i got mine, top quality and a bit cheaper than the T1R.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Sweet thanks guys will definitely invest In a set

Edit : it says for track use only how does it feel for daily use
    Last edited by charlie15; 22-11-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    learning abit from this.
    but if you really want to know how to drive the s2000 i reckon you should try to learn to drive with the limits opposed before doing anything to suspension. Coming from s2k owner that has his s2000 for 3 weeks
    From the day i got i had rear end swing it self out from car wash place and from then i learn to be more careful. Also car with snapsteering like this moving from my front wheel drives i always thought i had to control braking and throttle more (if you go to cruises) you cant just move from throttle to brake as hard and its quite a thrill and challenge for me right now (cause shit tires). Isn't forgiving like my front wheel drives. If you change wheels as well stay staggered and not non-staggered as it more beneficial if for track but potentially more dangerous in in a daily drive. I cannot remember the details, but reducing grip to rear and giving the front end more grip you throw the balance off and in turning on track because of the wide width of the track you get more oversteer to degree that car is over steering fast enough in the corner to be exiting quicker oppose to normal grip in grip out turn. Anyone please correct if i am wrong.

Biggest tip though, is to have fun mate
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition
    Jesus. Ive heard this somewhere before. :P

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Mine is a very low mileage car. I swapped the rear couple of almost 6 year old Bridgestones, with lots of tread, for a couple of new ones. It had near new front. As I expected it made a very large difference. It went from twitchy to nice. Make sure your tyres are up to the job.

The problem I find with the S is the very quick steering. I have let a couple of very quick very competent large car drivers, [V8 Holden/Ford] have a drive of the S. Both were slow to respond to a slide, then over corrected massively, causing snap back oversteer breakaway the other way.

I have never had to put on opposite lock, just a reduction of lock, applied early enough has caught every loss of adhesion very easily for me. I am used to light short wheel base cars.

You will have to adapt somewhat from your long wheelbase, heavy car, which would permit some hamfisted driving, to being more precise, & gentle. However if you handled all that torque happily, you will soon get with the S, just come up to it gently.
    Last edited by Hasbeen; 23-11-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Thanks for all the help and replies. I think my first step is to change the rear Tyres as they're total crap! I'm thinking of buying some wheels maybe some 17s with 9" rears which should also help with grip. Ill also be slapping on some Goodyear f1 asymmetric 2s on all 4 as I've heard they're great.

Can anyone recommend coil overs which won't increase the oversteer in the wet - so something not too stiff and bumpy for daily use?