Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BBK suggestion

BBK suggestion

I started to feel the oem brake were getting softer, looking for a set of BBK upgrade.

A few brands available for s2k like:

Spoon
    Ap racing
    Stoptech
    Villwood
    Brambo
    Ect, can you guys give me some suggestions I really need to improve the stopping performance...

Thanks

Apparently some bbk's void insurance if you have an accident. Only heard so, havn't looked into it, so if anyone knows for certain, I'd appreciate your experiences.

Just to suggest

OEM brakes are fine for any road thrashing you can do.

If your brakes are getting soft ( overheating pads or fluid) then it's time for braided lines , new fluid and sports pads. Perhaps even slotted discs. You don't need a $2k+++ BBK

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    If you have your heart set on a bbk we have many options in the ATS catalouge for S2K
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    Stuff what every is saying, not only with BBK help you stop beter but it looks 10 times better than OEM.

I say go for it.

Spend that 2k ++++ YOLO !!

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R

inb4 buy brembos use doral tires

wat
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Just to suggest

If your brakes are getting soft ( overheating pads or fluid) then it's time for braided lines , new fluid and sports pads. Perhaps even slotted discs. You don't need a $2k+++ BBK
    This. But don't go slotted rotors.

Unless you're regularly going track days (regular as in more than 8 times a year)/endurance racing AND driving the car to it's absolute limits... then maybe look at a BBK. But sorry I highly doubt any of those are the case on OH

Member Array
    Car:
    grey 94' EGG
    Just to suggest

+1 to this

Quote Originally Posted by aozora View Post
    This. But don't go slotted rotors.
    blanks are fine....but why not slotted ? Cross drilled can (depending on design) be a waste of time and safety

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    With brakes, I strongly recommend you disclose it to your insurance company. Many accept it as a modification. If you have a claim and they see your aftermarket brakes, it will be the easiest way for them to deny your claim.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    blanks are fine....but why not slotted ? Cross drilled can (depending on design) be a waste of time and safety
    The main problem S2k rotors face is cracking. Slotted rotors only alleviate the problem. I would never recommend cross drilled either. Blank rotors are cheaper and will last longer typically

Quote Originally Posted by aozora View Post
    The main problem S2k rotors face is cracking. Slotted rotors only alleviate the problem. I would never recommend cross drilled either. Blank rotors are cheaper and will last longer typically
    Sorry but why are s2k rotors prone to crack ? Can you back this up with some examples for everyone to observe

Remember that a BBK comes with slotted/dimpled and possibly cross drilled rotors as standard too ?