Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    issn't the b18c5 the jdm ITR's..... maybe wrong

low boost say 6psi should be fine with the high compression engine of the ITR. anything higher i'd be looking towards forged piston at the least.

Snap Happy! Array
    Car:
    ER34
    James,
    I'm suprised you didn't fit the oil cooler earlier

Better late then never

Sounds like a beast.

Quaiffe or any other LSD in the works?

jdm type r engines arnt marked with numbers, only other countries such as US are......
    フジタエンジニアリング

Quote Originally Posted by honda_fanatic
    yo guys. Question, a friend of mine is running a ek civic with a b18c5.

Should he turbo, or sell the engine buy a b18c and turbo charge it to the shit house. Ne help wud b nice.

vti-2 edit: updated title
    What's his budget? How fast does he want to go?

IMO, turbo what you have as it's not all that hard. Just be careful how much boost you are running, because the stock internals on the ITR motor won't really take much boost with hard driving. If he is planning on driving hard i'd recommend running anywhere upto 8psi, no more. Unless he wants to go all out and do internals.

I don't know why people think you can't boost a high compression engine like the ITR. It is possible and it's not hard.

Do a search because there is another thread that talks about boost and high compression engines.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    A few guys are correct and a few guys aren't... B18C5 is the USDM engine code and the B18C7 is the AUSDM engine code for the DC2R motor. But that's a bit off topic.

I have no idea on what the better engine is to turbo, but I'm sure both will give good outputs if tuned correctly. I've heard of a few boosted Type-R and they are beating GT-R's so you decide?

Moderator - here to help Array
    where abouts are u located?

speak to the guys at Screamin' Performance. they t/charged a ITR for around 5k.
    dont quote me on the exact pricing, it was done a few years back...
    however, there has been no problems to this day. regular oil change is all thats needed... and methanol too
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

Member Array
    Like joyride mentioned go and have a talk to screamin performance they did 1 and it goes hard. i think u will be looking more towards the $8000 mark, but that is with everything u need to have a reliable type r turbo