Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New here, from USA. Drive Crx's.

Hello,

I'm from Minnesota, USA. I drive 1991 Crx HF (fun) and 1989 Crx HF (daily).

Lately I've been expanding into some foreign countries in search of knowledge and car parts

91 HF

89 HF

-Shane

Hey Shane,
    Luv the CRX door inserts,don't think we got those here.
    Factory heady and EQ,nice.
    Looks like you've even got one of those ultra rare single piece climate control panels. We get the 50 piece+glue ones over here
    Would luv to pinch one of those sunroofless shells off ya while you weren't looking,light 'n tight,just the way I like it.

Anything special under the hoods?

Hate to disappoint ya,but you've got all the good bits over there,so hook us poor souls up will ya

There's a CRX group on here,so look it up or hassle user Snoop_gee,he tell ya anything you need to know bout CRX downunder.

Jase

Jase,

Thanks for the heads up! My climate control is actually from Japan. If you notice the 1 2 3 4 are in I II III Max. I plan to convert to Auto Aircon climate control, since my Crx is LHD it will take some additional work! If you want your climate control to look nice again there is a guy on eBay (USA) that sells replacement panels, they look surprisingly well).

Nothing fancy under the hood. Just the original d15b6 engine (Crx HF was built for fuel economy). I plan to either rebuild or swap in a rebuilt d15z1 (Civic Vx) engine.

I have a lot of additional rare parts that are not pictured but include:
    Bass Tubes
    Stanley square fog lights
    OEM door visors
    Original CD player, currently does not play CD's
    Original Honda 1000 (but want 3000) radio
    JDM/EDM rear cloth seats
    JDM/EDM front "CR-X" seats
    EDM "Pieces" coin box
    USDM Floormats
    JDM/EDM front fenders (USDM fenders did not come with sidemarkers, fender lights)
    Original Armrest
    JDM Honda Access rear seat storage box
    Auto Aircon Kanji setup
    USDM Full front bra/mask
    USDM Half front bra/mask (x2)
    RARE optional wheels 13" (I will be repainting these to match my Crx)
    Waiting for my Super Sound speaker covers to arrive

Pictured:
    USDM 2 Din radio bezel
    USDM radio w/equalizer (I believe it is from an 90-93 Accord unfortunately)
    LHD power window switches WITH rare door plugs (they say HONDA)
    JDM original Personal Box (ashtray)
    JDM Climate control
    JDM Honda Access steering wheel
    Front and rear mudflaps
    USDM rear louver

A lot of time and money has been put into this car. Originally came with blue interior, converted to full black. I am purchasing different seat belt setup that mount to the b-pillar. I am debating installing a glasstop, but I probably will . Eventually I would like to convert my doors to JDM doors (lighter weight and seat belts aren't attached to them).

As you can see I am a Crx fanatic. I am on a lot of foreign websites in search of rare parts and learning knew things about the Crx. I am really really really getting close to selling the 89 HF to purchase a 96-05 Civic HX (can't decide which generation I want).

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    ooo welcome. Loving the interior..The equalizer looks so awesome! Thought it was stock actually. Did it come like that? I wonder if it just plugs and plays or if you have to mess about a bit. Really want a CRX myself, would love to find a cheap runabout in the future.

Wow man, that's a nice list there,the boys over at crxaustralia.com would indeed enjoy chatting with you.
    Don't know how active it is these days,as they won't let me back in lol
    All we got over here was like one model,I think it's your Si,d16a8 or similar.
    I dunno... can't exactly remember my CRX history,been outta the game for a few years.

I have the 91 with the upgraded side intrusion,sunroof,etc,and the things just too heavy at 1010kg for the poor old b18.

Not a big fan of those door belts myself,ugly looking contraptions,ours are all pillar.

Sorry,I'm on phone,so everythings abbreviated,you understand,and digging up links for ya is a hassle.
    Actually,just jump up to my intro thread,should be near this thread and you'll find Snoop_gee in there.
    He'd luv to link ya up and chat
    Last edited by jase_scott; 26-11-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Thanks for the heads up! Just tried joining crxaustralia.com but I'm IP blocked
    I contacted Snoop_gee about joining the Crx cult :P

A lot of foreigners (all around the world) have been asking me to make a build thread. I think this would be the best spot since it's English speaker here. lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by jase_scott View Post
    Not a big fan of those door belts myself,ugly looking contraptions,ours are all pillar.
    Just wondering actually, what do B-pillar belts look like? What market did they come in?

From my understanding every market besides USA.

B-pillar mounted

Door mounted:

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecn8ive View Post

Nothing fancy under the hood. Just the original d15b6 engine
    haven't you been doing research?

It's proven that jdm d15b with USDM camshafts is the ultimate setup.

PM TheSaint for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by jase_scott View Post
    Hey Shane,
    Luv the CRX door inserts,don't think we got those here.
    Factory heady and EQ,nice.
    Looks like you've even got one of those ultra rare single piece climate control panels. We get the 50 piece+glue ones over here
    Would luv to pinch one of those sunroofless shells off ya while you weren't looking,light 'n tight,just the way I like it.

Anything special under the hoods?

Hate to disappoint ya,but you've got all the good bits over there,so hook us poor souls up will ya

There's a CRX group on here,so look it up or hassle user Snoop_gee,he tell ya anything you need to know bout CRX downunder.

Jase
    lmfaoooo

snoop?

dat faggottalks about everyone elses car but his.

He has no affiliation with crxau.

I drive an ef8 myself.

Lol,I was on there for a couple years and can't get back in,silly huh?
    They might change their minds when they see your list,you'll prob get I'm before me!
    Snoop will sort it out for us...
    Surprised he hasn't found ya already.

For sure dude,tap up a build thread,would luv to see what you guys are playing with over there these days,would certainly help jog my memory too.
    Most of the crxaus crew are on here anyway I think.

Bpillar are just your standard Aussie belt ctx,as opposed to the door mounted reels that Shane shows sbove

Oops... You can tell who's on the phone huh

You outta go see someone about your attitude cbauto.... stinks....