Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DC2 View Post
    The h11 globe has a rubber ring around it to stop water from getting in does the h9 have them too ?
    They should, but even if they don't it's very unlikely water's going to get in there. Even if you drive through a puddle, just the way the car's designed, it's hard for water to get into the fender well.

It's more of a concern for people that have CAI's and having the risk of hydrolocking their engine, but I think I can speak on behalf of others that you'll be fine. As long as you don't drive in flood waters or something stupid like that then you'll be fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Lux
    I do apologies by going off topic a little, but doing a foglight HID conversion, where are you guys mounting the ballasts?
    '04 CL9 6spd Lux | front and rear Hardrace camber arms | Injen CAI | BC Racing Coilovers | DBA slotted rotors |

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro Luxury
    Take off the bumper if you haven't already, just makes it so much easier. You can mount it on the bumper supports..

Alternatively, if you don't want to take the bumper off, I suppose you can mount it on the bumper on the inside using 3M double-sided tape. Though I'd rather mount it somewhere where it's not going to get too much shock or likely to get water/dirt going into it.

Just take your bumper off and it'll give you a lot more options as to where you can mount it.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro Luxury
    Also, you should have a relay harness for the foglights if you're doing a HID conversion, especially if you're gonna go 55W, as the stock wiring was only designed for halogens.

To be honest with you, putting HID's on the factory foglight housing won't really improve your light output as the light's going out everywhere, it'll be more brighter to the sides.

If you really want to do it properly, get HID projectors. I think retrofit source in the US are going to have a foglight projector for the Euro out soon, not sure if it's out already. I'll contact Matt and ask for you if you want.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Lux
    Thanks wammies, I'll definitely be taking the bumper off. Mainly I'm just looking for a uniform light colour for all lights more so than light output. I don't use the fogs often, but I just like to know the colour is the same
    '04 CL9 6spd Lux | front and rear Hardrace camber arms | Injen CAI | BC Racing Coilovers | DBA slotted rotors |

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    No real need to take the bumper off, I installed the ballasts sitting right ontop of the plastic guard behind the bumper/fog lights.. secured with cable ties firmly. Never had an issue, over huge puddles, heavy rain, bumps, nothing. easiest way to do it

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro Luxury
    well you can do it like how afgmoh did, but some people rather do a proper job and securely bolt/screw it down. Please don't go buying the cheap ebay shit. Spend a bit more money and get good decent HIDs.
    I don't suggest getting 55W, you're not going to be using it since you won't really see it. And since you just want it for the looks, go with 35W. Get Moritmoto's. They're pretty good if you can't afford getting Philips or Osrams.

You can colour match if you get the same power rating and kelvin temp. for the headlights.

I would recommend 5000K or 6000K with colour modding your projectors if you haven't done so already.

Anyways, let us know how you go, been busy so haven't been able to contact Matt from TRS, but I'll get back to when I can about the foglight retrofit for the euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    TRS is the way to go (Y)
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC