Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD TYPE S

[CL9]Aircon Compressor

Hi

I'm looking to import a Aircon Compressor(complete with clutch) for my 2004 Accord Type S. can anyone give me an idea of what a aftermarket or used compressor would cost in OZ. The price from Honda in South Africa is insane and i've been looking in salvage yards for 18months now with no luck. The part number the agents gave me is 38810-RBA-006, this is for the compressor without the clutch and field coils.

Thanks
    Michael
    Last edited by Beerboy; 18-02-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerboy View Post
    Hi

I'm looking to import a Aircon Compressor(complete with clutch) for my 2004 Accord Type S. can anyone give me an idea of what a aftermarket or used compressor would cost in OZ. The price from Honda in South Africa is insane and i've been looking in salvage yards for 18months now with no luck. The part number the agents gave me is 38810-RBA-006, this is for the compressor without the clutch and field coils.

Thanks
    Michael
    Ebay is yourfriend
    http://shop.ebay.com.au/i.html?_kw=a..._kw=Compressor
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD TYPE S
    Thanks

Anyone successfully used a TSX compressor on a Accord, I have a single wire coming from my compressor and in most TSX compressor pics i see a 3pin plug.

BB

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD TYPE S
    Update: i purchased a TSX Compressor and Condenser from Automotive Budget, had it fitted today and all fits . Just used the wiring from my old Compressor.
    Complete Job cost me about 400USD.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Quick noob question, what does it exactly do? And what do you benefit from having an aftermarket one?

EDIT: It just allows you to have cooler air correct?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD TYPE S
    It is part of the Air Conditioning system, It's just like the motor in you fridge. There is no advantage to having a aftermarket one, although the original part seemed to have a factory fault.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    You DO benefit from cheaper prices... And some aftermarket ones are heavier duty.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Accord Eur
    Hi
    Saw your thread on OzHonda from 2011, and may be in the hunt for an AC compressor for my 2004 Honda Accord Euro(Australia), similar to Acura TSX.
    The compressor part number is 38810 rba 006. I realise the part you received was a compressor with clutch and solenoid , for an Acura TSX, but it was aftermarket, if I have read your post correctly. If so though, the Acura TSX compressor should work on my Honda Accord Euro. Do you have any relevant part numbers?
    Really appreciate your response .
    Cheers
    Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerboy View Post
    Update: i purchased a TSX Compressor and Condenser from Automotive Budget, had it fitted today and all fits . Just used the wiring from my old Compressor.
    Complete Job cost me about 400USD.