Member Array
    Car:
    03' GD3->05' GD3->86' EW5

showroom vs brand new car

hi there,
    this may sound like a silly question. i would like to ask are car dealers obliged to tell you if you are buying a car off showroom?
    i have just placed a deposit on a brand new jazz and i'm suspecting it is the one from showroom (same color, model) but the salesperson insisted my car is new coming from the warehouse.
    would be good if some one in the know could shed some lights on how things operate in car dealers. thanks :-)

never bought a brand new car to be honest. maybe take a photo of the VIN of the showroom car so that they dont try and put the showroom car as brand new.

Member Array
    Car:
    03' GD3->05' GD3->86' EW5
    i thought bout doing that to be honest but didnt and think it may be too late now as i wont have time to go there until i pick up the car next week lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Well when you go to pick it up, see if there is still one in teh showroom?
    to see all of my build, checkout

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The contract should state the VIN of the car you are getting. Just check that against the showroom model (pop the bonnet)
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Be sure to get one with low km's. As it will have some in general moving extra!

I work within a dealership and generally fresh new cars are delivered to the workshop with about 7-15 kms on the clock, as a result of moving on the factory floor and on and off the docks and into storage etc. Take into account the kms used for its first fuel run and quality controls road test during pre delivery and you should technically receive the car with about ~15 kms on the clock. Showroom models would probably have a bit more since they get moved around and used for test drive purposes etc. As the guy above me said, take the one with lower kms! it is after all what you're paying for
    team.gradeA

more smart. more safe. moreTEIN

Showroom cars are demo cars I thought ... brand new is "brand new"