Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro cl9

cl9 nav with aftermerket screen

Hey guys,
    i recently got myself an 06 cl9 with nav and the screen quality and lack of mp3 burns me.
    i know theres many different mp3 options to buy from searching on here but im looking for more from the screen, whether it be replacing it completely with a new screen and carputer whilst still keeping the oem nav if possible or relocating the nav drive so i can put a double din HU down the bottom.
    Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated as im stuck at the moment!
    thanks!

i think you can use the xcarlink or GROM units with the nav head unit, that is one option for bluetooth/ipod connectivity using stock HU

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord CM5
    the rom can most certainly be relocated to the back of the boot. i think some of the american models have this and the wide body accord here definately has this.

the only problemis that you will have to cut and then extend the wiring all the way to the boot. then you might possibly be able to fit the double din facia kit underneath the screen.

like you, i really hate the screeen quality of the nav unit. i've taken apart the unit itself and gave up on even attempting to change the screen.

after watching the latest mighty car mods ep, im thinking of putting an ipad mini where the rom goes.
    ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS ROCK FAKESH*T

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro cl9
    Quote Originally Posted by aiutn View Post
    i think you can use the xcarlink or GROM units with the nav head unit, that is one option for bluetooth/ipod connectivity using stock HU
    i thinks thats what i might settle with for the time being, being a poor uni student means times are tough!

Quote Originally Posted by longers View Post
    the rom can most certainly be relocated to the back of the boot. i think some of the american models have this and the wide body accord here definately has this.

the only problemis that you will have to cut and then extend the wiring all the way to the boot. then you might possibly be able to fit the double din facia kit underneath the screen.

like you, i really hate the screeen quality of the nav unit. i've taken apart the unit itself and gave up on even attempting to change the screen.

after watching the latest mighty car mods ep, im thinking of putting an ipad mini where the rom goes.
    thanks longers, at least im not the only one with that aspiration. i think ill pull it apart and see what i can do