Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by IDV8 View Post
    Due to the unmatching paint job I'm pretty much going to ask him to respray it properly the same as the factory colour as it just looks gloss white but any ideas what to say if he says he can't because my cars paint has yellowed/faded? (hasn't) lol.. Going to watch it the day before anyway plus if he doesn't get it right this time will be calling head office to get a refund, have it fixed by someone more experienced and/or take it into a shop to be done.
    Factory colour won't be exactly spot on with your current paint. Paint ages, changes colour, fades, discolours etc.

If you tell him to do it in factory colour and it looks different which it most probably will, then you'll be fekked and will have no ground to stand on.

Just try to get him to do a perfect match. It's true that white is the hardest colour to match haha.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    They matched my wing perfectly at the body shop though when I had it done not long ago so surely these guys with 'paint matching machines' wouldn't have an issue? I mean gloss white on pearl white is a huge difference, and its his profession too :\
    You know what? I still hate you, but you got a pretty awesome collection of nudie mags.
    Yeah, I got 'em from the 70's, 80's and 90's. It's like masturbating in a time machine.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Sent the guy a text message Fri, no answer, re-sent on sat, no answer, he replies today saying "can't help you out this week" after telling me on Fri he'll get back to me with a day he can come round and fix the problem, I like to text because I can always screenshot it and show their head office if need be. Anyway so I call their head office and I get put onto the general manager who happens to be there for a couple of days of training, explain whats happened and told him I sent in an e-mail with a picture etc so they could see. He apologized a few times that my experience with them hasn't been a good one and he's going to forward it to another manager I spoke to last time and they'll contact me to sort it out.

I can't imagine the original guy who 'cant come out this week' would've been expecting a call from the GM about the matter.
    You know what? I still hate you, but you got a pretty awesome collection of nudie mags.
    Yeah, I got 'em from the 70's, 80's and 90's. It's like masturbating in a time machine.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Still haven't got my refund, chased it up with head office constantly, they've been telling him to refund me, he's said "I will when I can I can't make it to the bank" and expects me to wait until he's back from his holidays to do it, it's already been 1.5 months since he promised the refund. Anyway I thought today "What about having the lip stripped back and resprayed?" because it'll probably up the cost. Waiting for a local panel beaters to e-mail me a quote once they've worked it out, will contact the Fair Trade Ombudsman to see that he has to rectify the costs of re-doing the lip as well.

The guy looked at it and put his finger on the lip and said "Shit it's just crumbling off" .. lol, the guy that did it is fcuking useless - wrong paint, wrong primer, bad work ethic. The head office manager even said to me "If he'd refunded you the day he knew he was in the wrong there wouldn't be an issue" etc so they're pretty annoyed at him too.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    god damn all this shit for a lip lol is this a franchise business?
    if head office is only "annoyed" with the franchisee, something is fkd up.
    head office should "persecute" this kunt.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by IDV8 View Post
    Still haven't got my refund, chased it up with head office constantly, they've been telling him to refund me, he's said "I will when I can I can't make it to the bank" and expects me to wait until he's back from his holidays to do it, it's already been 1.5 months since he promised the refund. Anyway I thought today "What about having the lip stripped back and resprayed?" because it'll probably up the cost. Waiting for a local panel beaters to e-mail me a quote once they've worked it out, will contact the Fair Trade Ombudsman to see that he has to rectify the costs of re-doing the lip as well.

The guy looked at it and put his finger on the lip and said "Shit it's just crumbling off" .. lol, the guy that did it is fcuking useless - wrong paint, wrong primer, bad work ethic. The head office manager even said to me "If he'd refunded you the day he knew he was in the wrong there wouldn't be an issue" etc so they're pretty annoyed at him too.
    Take it up with office of fair trading. Gather as much evidence as you can. eg photos of the lip, photos of the paint falling off and see if you can get a panel beater to provide a statement about how poor the job has been done and tell OFT that you have been waiting for a refund

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    god damn all this shit for a lip lol is this a franchise business?
    if head office is only "annoyed" with the franchisee, something is fkd up.
    head office should "persecute" this kunt.
    This is exactly what I don't understand, I was on the phone to them about it yesterday and they told me they'd call him again. I asked can't they, as the trade name owners, enforce the refund and they just said all they can do is encourage the franchisee to refund me. I called him again yesterday and he pretty much said "Look you can nark to head office all you want mate but you'll get the refund when I have time. I'm on holidays next week so I'll do it after that." This is after he told me and head office he'd refund me last week also, it makes no sense. I would've even been happy if they'd sent out another franchisee in the area who knew what he was doing to come and fix the issue, then pretty much lay the charges with the guy who stuffed it up. He spent 4 hours out there and didn't prep it right, used the wrong primer and couldn't even get the colour right - useless.

Quote Originally Posted by manolii View Post
    Take it up with office of fair trading. Gather as much evidence as you can. eg photos of the lip, photos of the paint falling off and see if you can get a panel beater to provide a statement about how poor the job has been done and tell OFT that you have been waiting for a refund
    Did that today mate, I also got a quote from a local body shop who said it'd be $740 to repair it. Because the only way I could get it attached was to have it bonded, they have to respray the whole front bumper. I included photos (paint peeling and colour mismatch) too so I'm requesting he refund me $280 for not doing the job I'd paid for plus the $740 to repair the damage and have it painted correctly - included the quote etc in the attachments. As you can see it's getting worse by the day:

The guy at the body shop put his finger under the lip and there was a big chunk of paint just falling off.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    Good luck with that mate let us know how you go

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Thanks man, have to wait till the NY is over before Fairwork will get onto it - I'm hoping I'll get my $280 plus the $700 to respray the bumper, if he hadn't of screwed it up I'd just need to do the lip. Now I could literally peal the entire layer of paint off if I wanted:

I have no idea what this guy was doing for 4 hours.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Fair Trading got back to me, was told that the other guy Michael is ready to take me to court over the matter because he is saying the damage is caused by the people fitting the lip and that the colour wasn't matched because the paint had yellowed. I explained that I have a) proof he'd refund me b) the people fitting the lip had asked if I was aware it was flaking and the paint did not match and c) that I should get in writing from the fitters and potential re-sprayers why it'll cost that much to fix the problem etc. The lady also said judging by the pictures she doesn't think I'll have an issue with the claim and to include Touch Up Guys not holding up their end of the bargain.

I went to the Touch Up Guys website, called them, asked to speak to the highest in charge, and quoted this from their website:

"What is the guarantee?"

We guarantee to satisfy you… our customer. If for any reason you are not happy with our workmanship please call immediately and we will come back and put it right.

He said he thought it was resolved before christmas and he'll go ahead and try find out whats happening and get back to me. Basically I'd rather avoid court and have them do whatever they can to come out ASAP and fix the issue by sanding it back, respraying it to a colour matched and be done with it.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Good to see this is going somewhere. In saying that, please continue to update us!

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Just waiting to hear back from one of the people in charge at head office regarding having another employee come out and fix the damage on the car (sanding it back, respraying etc). Think I should try my luck for the inconvenience to have a couple of stone chips fixed free of charge due to the problems this has caused - or should I be requesting a total refund as well as the repair? Caused me a fair bit of anger dealing with Michael Micallef, dude is as childish as they come and dumb as a rock.

http://www.touchupguys.com.au/sydney/penrith.php

This is him, steer clear - I look back and think not only did he not do the job correctly but he actually tried to entice me into having my car detailed by him.. lol