Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    I would accept their offer of coming out and fixing the damage and a bit extra for the inconvenience. I would however, stress to them that if you are again unhappy with the job you will be escalating the issue (Fair Trading, court, etc).

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Well all seems to be going my way, the boss called me again before and asked me if I'd still be okay for another Touch Up Guy to come out and fix the lip, I said yes - he told me the guys name and said he'd been with them for 15 years, is very experienced and is happy to come out and complete the job for them. He then asked if I could call him following that to make sure I'm happy with the final job and he's also working on refunding me the $280 too so all in all I get it for free (plus the headache). He said that Michael doesn't seem to be in a rush to refund me so they may have to refund me directly and just charge it back to him, either way I get my refund.

You'd think that this Michael character would be a bit more worried about head office being this frustrated and having the 'higher ups' contact a customer to resolve a dispute where the job clearly wasn't done correctly and their guarantee was thrown out the window until I escalated the matter. Will let you guys know how I go and post up pictures of the final result!
    You know what? I still hate you, but you got a pretty awesome collection of nudie mags.
    Yeah, I got 'em from the 70's, 80's and 90's. It's like masturbating in a time machine.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Sounds awesome! Keep us posted!

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by IDV8 View Post
    Well all seems to be going my way, the boss called me again before and asked me if I'd still be okay for another Touch Up Guy to come out and fix the lip, I said yes - he told me the guys name and said he'd been with them for 15 years, is very experienced and is happy to come out and complete the job for them. He then asked if I could call him following that to make sure I'm happy with the final job and he's also working on refunding me the $280 too so all in all I get it for free (plus the headache). He said that Michael doesn't seem to be in a rush to refund me so they may have to refund me directly and just charge it back to him, either way I get my refund.

You'd think that this Michael character would be a bit more worried about head office being this frustrated and having the 'higher ups' contact a customer to resolve a dispute where the job clearly wasn't done correctly and their guarantee was thrown out the window until I escalated the matter. Will let you guys know how I go and post up pictures of the final result!
    Awesome news, let us know how u go

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Had a call from the new guy, pretty much seems on the ball, happy to repair the damage, said it seems pretty straight forward and isn't sure how Michael stuffed it up in the first place. He said pearl is difficult to match but thats what they specialize in and in his 15 years of painting if a job was pealing (especially within a few weeks) he'd want to know exactly why and correct the issue. So yeah, having the car detailed tomorrow (clay barred etc) to bring it as near-new as possible so my car will look cleaner and he won't have an issue when it comes to paint matching on friday. Will post pictures up once its complete - then call head office for my refund.
    You know what? I still hate you, but you got a pretty awesome collection of nudie mags.
    Yeah, I got 'em from the 70's, 80's and 90's. It's like masturbating in a time machine.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    - Guy came out to inspect the front lip, spent a good 20 minutes inspecting it etc while he explained to me what he thinks may have gone wrong.
    - Because it's an aftermarket lip he said it's emitted toxins which should have come off when Michael scrubbed it down before painting it (in which he added Michael didn't even clean it just added primer then sprayed it).
    - Spent another 20min on phone to someone in head office and then tells me he doesn't want to touch it because the lip has been bolted to the car and the gap filled with silicon which he doesn't want to remove.
    - Tells me that the best idea is to take it to a smash repairs and have them do it as they'll have to respray the whole front bumper and have it 'blend in' to the car because pearl white is very hard to match.
    - Says how sorry he is I've been through all this and he feels for me etc that Michael didn't do his job, offers if there's anything I need I can ask him and he'll do what he can to help me out.
    - Showed him the back where I've got a scratch and the paint cracked a bit, he said when they spray the front ask them to do the back too, because the paints mixed they'll have no issue respraying the scratches.

All in all he's told me I'll have to take it in to a body shop, have the damage resprayed, Touch Up Guys will foot the bill and then forward the costs on to Michael. Thing is they were meant to call me last week and never did so I'm going to call the guy who was really nice/helpful and I'm sure he'll get on to head office asking why I haven't been contacted but at the end of the day Touch Up Guys (as they should) are footing the bill for the respray.

Couple of questions for you guys..
    - When I had the bumper attached they had to use a silicone to attach at, it's fitted perfectly, I was hoping they could sand everything back bar the silicone and when they spray it just spray primer over everything including the silicone and when it comes to painting it, paint over the silicone so it pretty much looks like there's no silicone holding it together. Is that at all possible? Or will it forever look like there's a thin line of silicone holding the lip to the bumper?

- Also the shop I took it to said they cannot guarantee that the silicone will hold during the baking process. I'm guessing this means after its sprayed and they bake it, they fear the silicone will melt off - would this be the case? If so what's a way around that? I'd think being a body shop they'd be able to disassemble what they needed to, spray it, then silicone it back on if needed or find another way to attach it just as bolt on clips or something along those lines.

- Finally any idea how long it usually takes to respray a front and rear bumper? Uni just started so worst case scenario I have to wait til the next holidays if it's going to take too long. Will update once I hear from head office ....again.

For those of you needing small repairs I WOULD recommend Andrew from Touch Up Guys, definitely knows what hes talking about: http://www.touchupguys.com.au/sydney/campbelltown.php

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Look up the melting point of silicon, it's very high so it wont melt in your car baking booth. They can do it within a day pretty much, but I would say 2-3 days.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    - Guy came out to inspect the front lip, spent a good 20 minutes inspecting it etc while he explained to me what he thinks may have gone wrong.
    - Because it's an aftermarket lip he said it's emitted toxins which should have come off when Michael scrubbed it down before painting it (in which he added Michael didn't even clean it just added primer then sprayed it).
    - Spent another 20min on phone to someone in head office and then tells me he doesn't want to touch it because the lip has been bolted to the car and the gap filled with silicon which he doesn't want to remove.
    - Tells me that the best idea is to take it to a smash repairs and have them do it as they'll have to respray the whole front bumper and have it 'blend in' to the car because pearl white is very hard to match.
    - Says how sorry he is I've been through all this and he feels for me etc that Michael didn't do his job, offers if there's anything I need I can ask him and he'll do what he can to help me out.
    - Showed him the back where I've got a scratch and the paint cracked a bit, he said when they spray the front ask them to do the back too, because the paints mixed they'll have no issue respraying the scratches.

All in all he's told me I'll have to take it in to a body shop, have the damage resprayed, Touch Up Guys will foot the bill and then forward the costs on to Michael. Thing is they were meant to call me last week and never did so I'm going to call the guy who was really nice/helpful and I'm sure he'll get on to head office asking why I haven't been contacted but at the end of the day Touch Up Guys (as they should) are footing the bill for the respray.

Couple of questions for you guys..
    - When I had the bumper attached they had to use a silicone to attach at, it's fitted perfectly, I was hoping they could sand everything back bar the silicone and when they spray it just spray primer over everything including the silicone and when it comes to painting it, paint over the silicone so it pretty much looks like there's no silicone holding it together. Is that at all possible? Or will it forever look like there's a thin line of silicone holding the lip to the bumper?

- Also the shop I took it to said they cannot guarantee that the silicone will hold during the baking process. I'm guessing this means after its sprayed and they bake it, they fear the silicone will melt off - would this be the case? If so what's a way around that? I'd think being a body shop they'd be able to disassemble what they needed to, spray it, then silicone it back on if needed or find another way to attach it just as bolt on clips or something along those lines.

- Finally any idea how long it usually takes to respray a front and rear bumper? Uni just started so worst case scenario I have to wait til the next holidays if it's going to take too long. Will update once I hear from head office ....again.

For those of you needing small repairs I WOULD recommend Andrew from Touch Up Guys, definitely knows what hes talking about: http://www.touchupguys.com.au/sydney/campbelltown.php
    after all you been through, no way ill ever call touch up guys lol
    hope you get it sprayed soon m8.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    New reply from the general manager:

In regards to repairing your vehicle there has been a miscommunication between Andrew Firtko and myself, I apologize for this. Moving forward could you please provide your bank details and we will transfer the $280 dollars to your account today for your initial payment.

In terms of having the paint on the bumper rectified, I believe you have been to a panel/body shop for a quote, we will pay for the work to be done, however we do need to see the quote and have the quote made out to us (Touch Up Guys 4/8 Hampton Road Burleigh Heads Qld 4220) so that we can pay the panel/body shop directly. If you could email the quote to me I will organise payment ASAP and we can resolve the issue.

Please call me if you have any questions

Does this mean they expect me to fork out another $800 to have it fixed and wait for them to reimburse me? Or will it be done through the body shop and them directly via invoices?

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    They will pay for it when you provide quote made to them directly,not to you

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Cheers @EKVIR-T

Got the refund today, $280. Will take the car in soon to have it fixed at a smash repairs close by. What do I tell them when I take it in? Because its like ..heres the job, I won't be paying, send the invoice to Touch Up Guys - or they'll just confirm this by phone or?

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    Cheers @EKVIR-T

Got the refund today, $280. Will take the car in soon to have it fixed at a smash repairs close by. What do I tell them when I take it in? Because its like ..heres the job, I won't be paying, send the invoice to Touch Up Guys - or they'll just confirm this by phone or?
    They wont care, u usually pay after the job is done. When u pick up the car (most) shops give you a certain time to pay within. Ask when u get there how payment works and explain the situation they will give you the best way to sort it out