Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Wow, the fun just keeps on coming with this one. I received the lip new around October l'd say, meant to be fitted and painted by Michael from Touch Up Guys in mid November. Now the operations manager is changing his tune after talking with the smash repairs about the quote - here is what he wrote when I chased him up about whether or not he'd spoken with the smash repair shop as I'd already booked the car in to be repaired:

After reviewing the quote and given that we have refunded the initial payment of $280, we have come up with 2 options for you.

Option 1- We buy a new front lower spoiler for you ($200) and you have it painted and fitted by who you choose at your cost.

Option 2- As with the quote from Bonnyrigg Smash we will pay for the repair (Quote is $288, we will round it to $300 to contribute to R&R) of the front lower spoiler and you would cover the painting etc

We want to help rectify the situation and think it’s only fair for you to also contribute to the painting aspect.

This is after he'd said they would provide me with a full refund AND to have it re-painted.... so my reply:

But the lower spoiler has already been attached to the front bumper with an adhesive shortly after Michael had attempted to paint it (even though he was also meant to attach the lip), will someone from Touch Up Guys be coming out to remove that also as I'd need it removed to have a new spoiler attached - it cost me $100 to have that fitted in the first place. What would have been fair would be when I paid almost $300 to an employee of yours to have it painted and fitted only to be duped into it not being fitted nor even painted the same colour as my car.

I haven't replied yet but what do you guys think would be the best thing to do, organize the removal of the lip and order a new lip in, have it painted and fitted at an actual body shop or ..?
    You know what? I still hate you, but you got a pretty awesome collection of nudie mags.
    Yeah, I got 'em from the 70's, 80's and 90's. It's like masturbating in a time machine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by IDV8 View Post
    Wow, the fun just keeps on coming with this one. I received the lip new around October l'd say, meant to be fitted and painted by Michael from Touch Up Guys in mid November. Now the operations manager is changing his tune after talking with the smash repairs about the quote - here is what he wrote when I chased him up about whether or not he'd spoken with the smash repair shop as I'd already booked the car in to be repaired:

After reviewing the quote and given that we have refunded the initial payment of $280, we have come up with 2 options for you.

Option 1- We buy a new front lower spoiler for you ($200) and you have it painted and fitted by who you choose at your cost.

Option 2- As with the quote from Bonnyrigg Smash we will pay for the repair (Quote is $288, we will round it to $300 to contribute to R&R) of the front lower spoiler and you would cover the painting etc

We want to help rectify the situation and think it’s only fair for you to also contribute to the painting aspect.

This is after he'd said they would provide me with a full refund AND to have it re-painted.... so my reply:

But the lower spoiler has already been attached to the front bumper with an adhesive shortly after Michael had attempted to paint it (even though he was also meant to attach the lip), will someone from Touch Up Guys be coming out to remove that also as I'd need it removed to have a new spoiler attached - it cost me $100 to have that fitted in the first place. What would have been fair would be when I paid almost $300 to an employee of yours to have it painted and fitted only to be duped into it not being fitted nor even painted the same colour as my car.

I haven't replied yet but what do you guys think would be the best thing to do, organize the removal of the lip and order a new lip in, have it painted and fitted at an actual body shop or ..?
    If they are willing to remove the lip and have it painted and re attach it I would go that way

Personally though I would gather as much evidence as possible and save all emails, texts anything that you can use as physical evidence and got to ACCC and they can sort it out for u. Explain that its been months and they still haven't delivered their promise of repairs. You have the evidence there saying that they would fix it at their cost.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    I have all the e-mails and even screenshot every text message between me and their employees including the one who stuffed it up. The employee that came out the second time to have a look at the lip said that the original painter hadn't washed and prepped it properly and that he should be made to shell out the $700 to have it all repaired and painted again. They've given me the original $280 refund but I still have a poorly painted/cracking front lip attached and they seem to be offering another $200 for me to buy a new lip.

That being said the guy who came out said he'd probably charge $700 to respray the whole front bar anyway so maybe I should be asking them to send out a better qualified touch up guy and have them do $700 worth of work anyway because they'd still be fixing the issue just makes it harder for them (not exactly my problem).
    You know what? I still hate you, but you got a pretty awesome collection of nudie mags.
    Yeah, I got 'em from the 70's, 80's and 90's. It's like masturbating in a time machine.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Ended up just replying and asked why he keeps renegging on what he tells me they're going to do and telling him I paid for a service, 6 months later the job is incomplete, its their responsibility to take care of this not mine. I have all emails/texts of them telling me they'd pay for it etc so if it went to court a judge would say "Why did you agree to pay for it after seeing the invoice?" ..lol

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Man this is crazy for a bloody front lip

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Man this is crazy for a bloody front lip
    Tell me about it - all because some incompetent shithead who doesn't prep his work properly nor does he know the difference between flat white and pearl.....

Member Array
    Car:
    integra 98
    Damn... so anything happen yet? Did they reply?

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Got a call from the CEO today, said he'd noticed the e-mails between me and his operations manager and he was unhappy with the length its been going on for. He was understanding of my frustration and said that I definitely shouldn't have had to wait this long for a resolution and wanted a positive outcome for me. Started off by saying that Michael isn't an employee of his so he couldn't directly take control of him as one however he does carry the brand name and he doesn't like it being dragged through the mud (when he said this I sensed he would be having a word or two with Michael and the operations manager). Anyway he just confirmed what had happened and that the lip couldn't be removed due to the adhesive (otherwise he would organized a new painted lip for me to be attached on their dollar ASAP) and that they'd wear the cost of the repairs and would call the place I'd booked it into confirm to bill them and he'd be sending me an email to outline the agreement just so we both have confirmation of the agreed upon outcome.

All in all they are out of pocket $1k due to a franchisee's negligence and its taken the CEO to give me a call and address the issue so I'd hate to be Michael right now - shithead deserves it though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    Got a call from the CEO today, said he'd noticed the e-mails between me and his operations manager and he was unhappy with the length its been going on for. He was understanding of my frustration and said that I definitely shouldn't have had to wait this long for a resolution and wanted a positive outcome for me. Started off by saying that Michael isn't an employee of his so he couldn't directly take control of him as one however he does carry the brand name and he doesn't like it being dragged through the mud (when he said this I sensed he would be having a word or two with Michael and the operations manager). Anyway he just confirmed what had happened and that the lip couldn't be removed due to the adhesive (otherwise he would organized a new painted lip for me to be attached on their dollar ASAP) and that they'd wear the cost of the repairs and would call the place I'd booked it into confirm to bill them and he'd be sending me an email to outline the agreement just so we both have confirmation of the agreed upon outcome.

All in all they are out of pocket $1k due to a franchisee's negligence and its taken the CEO to give me a call and address the issue so I'd hate to be Michael right now - shithead deserves it though.
    Great out come mate. shame you had to wait that long.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R

thanks for the update bro, good on you.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Cool saga bro

Congrats, its not over till its done though!
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Cheers guys, I don't think anyone should have to go through this BS and for businesses who trade this way should be shut down. The CEO was good enough to see everything from my point of view though, he saw it as one franchisee causing their brand to be dragged through the mud so it reflected poorly on all of them and I hadn't realized they also operate over in the US/Canada as well - although I shouldn't of had to but from the moment they didn't send someone out to re-do Michael's stuff up I should've gotten ahold of the CEO myself to have it sorted but hopefully others can learn from this, never be afraid to go as high as you can because at the end of the day they more than likely will want to know how the stuff up came about and why it wasn't taken care of immediately.

I'll post up some new pictures once the jobs done, I booked about a month ago for May 21st and that was the earliest I could get in - crazy!