Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05

05 Euro headlight issues

Hi guys

I'm having some troubles trying to replace my right main headlight on my 05 Accord Euro.

Something must have happened to the headlight and it seems like the inside of the clear headlight casing has moisture on it.

My questions are as follows:

1. Just how the f do I change my main headlight on my car? I have tried to go in from the wheel covers and can't seem to get my hand into the casing to get the globe out. Any tips/walkthrough here would be much appreciated.

2. Any tips on how to clean the inside of the headlight case?

Thanks for any answers in advance.

Nikki

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    here's a link to how to remove it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rWtfu1MSbs

and if you wanna clean your headlight get a professional to do it .. you wont wanna wrecked your headlight..

i hope this helps ya

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Lux
    If the headlight only has moisture in it, you can clear this out yourself using a hair dryer.

You will need to work out where on the headlight the moisture is getting in. This is the tricky part. Its usually via the seals thats cover the bulbs/globes. Check for gaps...if none, then it maybe the actual headlight seal around the glass where it meets the plastic. This is a little harder to seal back up (there are youtube videos on different ways to do it).

Once you've sealed it you basically face a hair dryer blowing hot air into it via the bulb/globe part of the headlight. Works a treat but takes about 30 mins or more to fully remove all moisture.

Hope this helps a little....and yes I've personally done it on my friends car and it does work
    '04 CL9 6spd Lux | front and rear Hardrace camber arms | Injen CAI | BC Racing Coilovers | DBA slotted rotors |