Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05

Car Shakes between certain speeds?

Hey Honda fans,

I have Honda Accord Euro 05. i bought her back in 09 and have had my fair share of good times and bad times. she runs fine now with one major issue. between 70-90 KM/H there is a wobble in the car that can be felt by both drivers and passengers. the whole chassis shakes. it is only in this speed range and only if im accelerating gradually. if i put my foot down and blitz thru to faster speeds the wobble is not felt. my mechanic says it is the torque counter? i've never heard of that. could someone shine some light on this? any other suggestions to what it could be and how much it could cost to fix?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Have you had the wheels balanced? Could be a simple $50 fix if it is.

always start with teh cheapest and easiest thing, rather than the most expensive.

Plus, a torque converter problem with arise based on RPM, not road speed.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05
    , i have had the tyres balanced recently so it cant be that. it's weird ay i dont know what it could be but cheers mate

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    Common problem on the euro cl9. Mates car had similar problem, just replaced front cv joints and presto problem solved.

Check out A&L Drive Shafts
    6/46 Elizabeth St Campsie 2194

This may help
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...e-anyways-P%29
    Last edited by duzy; 29-11-2012 at 02:51 PM.

If it feels like hunting at certain rpm ranges on soft throttle check ur tranny fluid... Spent fluid will cause shuddering and damage ur torque converter

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarik.B View Post
    , i have had the tyres balanced recently so it cant be that. it's weird ay i dont know what it could be but cheers mate
    Chcek no weights have fallen off!!

Interesting. My uncle's S80 has the exact same problem. Whole car shudders between 70-90kmh.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    Interesting. My uncle's S80 has the exact same problem. Whole car shudders between 70-90kmh.
    Majority of the times its because the wheels arnt balanced, or bent!
    Could even be uneven tire wear, And you rotated the tires or you flat spotted the tire while smashing down the brakes! Big Burn outs fix that problem

Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    Majority of the times its because the wheels arnt balanced, or bent!
    Could even be uneven tire wear, And you rotated the tires or you flat spotted the tire while smashing down the brakes! Big Burn outs fix that problem
    According to my uncle, they did all that. balanced wheels, rotate, even chuck new wheels on first. then looked at the torque converter and surrounding areas. i should mention that the car has done something like 350k kms in 5 years.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    350000 km is alot. Id start to look at suspension, and bushing, even engine mounts!

No accidents and realigned chassis?

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    yeah, at 350k kms, it could be nearly anything under the car.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    350000 km is alot. Id start to look at suspension, and bushing, even engine mounts!

No accidents and realigned chassis?
    all changed. there was one accident (not sure if before or after) that happened at 40kmh with a bike.

eitherway, uncle is looking for a new car soon-ish