Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Compare Renault Clio Sport & ITR?

Hi Guys,

Here am i again to do up another compare Thread!

And this time, it's another close rival which is the Renault Clip Sport.

I have they are also known as the Type R Killer.......(hear it from somewhere)

Anyway, any one can comment on this on how the 2 compare in terms of TRACKWISE and DAILY USAGE WISE!

Thanks
    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    on a track the R ll kicks ass... but as for daily use...clio has more luxury...

just my 2 cents

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    I ran against a Clio sport (the older one) in autokhana's back in perth and my times were about the same, he was using R-comps too. Could have been the driver i guess but he wasn't too shabby, pretty experienced.

That was with a VTiR too.
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW019
    hmmmz, 132kw and 200Nm 0-100 in 7 secs..... <Renault
    VS 141KW and 178NM 0-100 in ??secs.... <DC2R
    Could be a very hard one to call, daily I guess there wouldnt be no argument that the renault would be better. But with all the luxuries (4 airbags etc) I dont think the clio would touch an R on the track...
    blz-arw019

I believe the Clio sport is a faster everyday car due to the very strong mid range torque it has. So pulling away from lights, accelerating out of turns etc. the clio would be faster and also easier to drive.

On a full blown spirited run or on a track however, I believe it's all dc2r territory.

However one thing the clio will never match the r is in build quality and drivetrain smoothness. The main gripe I have with the 206GTi I've driven is the gearbox - it's so inferrior to all the Honda manuals I've driven. From what I've read, the clio shift isn't something to write home about either.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro (Wagon)
    from what i experience, clio sport will kill tegs on everyday driving, dont know about track tho........... oh and i mean vtiR. Type R, i dont have a clue............

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro (Wagon)
    Oh and forget to mention, my car have IHE, the clio sport is complete stock.......
    well, could be my bad driving skills.......... but i did lose one, shame -_-"

No shame, Mate! Clio do 0 - 100 in the 7++ secs range!
    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

what did you lose? a traffic light sprint?

Why is it that every compare thread, everyone wants to know track vs street lol
    Thing is mate, a good driver in a slower car will beat you, even if your in a quicker car.

Drive both cars and you will see which car you like the feel of etc.
    I've driven a type R, Clio sport and satria gti's, i'd go the Clio Sport for sure.
    But the Integra is a great car.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    should check out narada's clio sport on the circuit club track days
    i think his car only has a zorst?
    and his car laps wafefield at like 1:16=1:17 or something
    ( catn remember correctly)
    EK4 SiR
    1:16.3 @wakfield
    1:58.9 @ eastern creek

clio sports are packin V6's vs an inline 4... so integra aint that bad but still I think clio sport would munch a type r stock to stock, but not by much :P.