Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by 00dc2
    clio is a better around town car.. you can tell by the way its been made for torque and not revs.. itr is a better racer...

and reliability.. sheesh.. my friend has a 1yr old clio 172 (no mods) and the exhaust has cracked and the rear muffler is hanging twisted.. the car sounds like it has a huge exhast when it goes past.

warranty will fix it.. but what happens when this sorta shit happens after the warranty period. renault are not the quality manufacturer honda are!
    Yeah maybe you're right but there are not much people who will going to keep the same car for 5 years, so i don't think warranty is a problem at all

whatever, we all ITR bias, lots of ppl think ITR beats everything in striaght or even corners, although i don't see that always happen

Personal opinion only

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    guys I was at a dyno day where a clio cup was up there pulling 100.1KW at the wheels. If its true that they weigh below 1100 I'd think it'll give the itr's a handfull on the straights. The guys only had the car for 1month so its probably not run in yet as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    put the clio in the hands of an experienced driver and i believe it will put up a good fight. clio has great styling, great features and a rather good general european build.

ITR has the ability to rev the **** off the clio, has a more rigid chassis and has japanese honda build quality. and we all know what that's like

break it down like this. Stock VS Stock. Clio in a corner, ITR in a straight.

That's my 2euros worth :P

Member Array
    Car:
    AP2 S2000/CL9 Euro Lux
    From the lights I loose 1st and 2nd gear to the Clio by 1 carlength or so. When 3rd gear kicks in I pull back with avengence. From a roll coming up from behind I am all over it's ass. I drive a DC5R BTW.

The Clio has great low end torque compared to the Type R's, no doubts. But that thing is one of the ugliest mofo's on the street. The built quality is quite crap, the seating position is cramped and the back seats are only for extra small sized midgits.

I'm a fan of the Clio sport, but it's no secret the French leave a lot to be desired in terms of ergonomics and quality. Big quirk in an otherwise great little car I reckon.

I tried to compare the both myself in GT4 and i find ITR has a slight better handling (both is good) and ITR also wins the straights too! However, this is just the result i had from a pretty good simulator in the world! Clio looks good from the front, but i do think his ass looks bad!

Can anyone tell me how is it's backseat compared to ITR! I do know that Clio's back seat is small, but how much bigger is a ITR?
    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Member Array
    Car:
    A white one
    Quote Originally Posted by spoondc2
    Yeah maybe you're right but there are not much people who will going to keep the same car for 5 years, so i don't think warranty is a problem at all

whatever, we all ITR bias, lots of ppl think ITR beats everything in striaght or even corners, although i don't see that always happen

Personal opinion only
    Personally it shouldn't matter how long the owner keeps a certain car, but I know alot of people who buy cars and keep them for alot longer then 5 years. Our family car has been with the family for 11 years now, and it's still kicking. either way Clio has good numbers but still not a fan of their looks and the build quality. personal opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeder
    Personally it shouldn't matter how long the owner keeps a certain car, but I know alot of people who buy cars and keep them for alot longer then 5 years. Our family car has been with the family for 11 years now, and it's still kicking. either way Clio has good numbers but still not a fan of their looks and the build quality. personal opinion.
    Hmm... i really understand what you mean i do agree with it, but nearly 95% of clio owners don't regret to buy it and keep it, which is told by lots of renault sport owners, "if you buy the car and you keep complaining to it, just throw it away, you won't treat the car as gold"

I do agree that Honda have very good and reliabilities on the car and engine, but it is also no doubt that renault had transfer lots of F1 technologies on all of the Renault Sport series and selling about mid 30K, the speed and handling of the stock car is good enough for street and light track, i really can't tell which car is faster or handles better cos it is just all bias. We are not the professionals who can be able to feel everything about the car and giving professional comments.

I've seen too many similar posts and never have results, "DC2 vs EK4", "DC2 R vs DC5R", "ITR vs WRX".........etc. I really don't know how to answer this kind of Q's, what i know is, if you like the car, keep it and try to get most out of it, if not, try to get the car you want. I won't regret if my ITR's engine blown up, i will FIX it rather get rid of it, and I won't regret that if my clio sport have gearbox problems and stuff like that, i will try to FIX it rather doing annoying and noisy complainings.

PS: LOL something bias, I never see anyone who buy a ITR as a family car and drive it as family car and going to keep it for more than 5 years..... haha personal opinions only

Member Array
    Car:
    A white one
    LOL, our family car is a volvo, not the ITR, it will never fit the whole family even if you tried .

Member Array
    Car:
    integra type R DC5
    Are you guys comparing the dc5 itr or the dc2 itr against the clio, cos theres a difference, well either way both itr's will chop the clio in a race, but i cant coment on the clios daily driving ability cos i havent driven one. but im defin8 that an itr will munch it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeder
    LOL, our family car is a volvo, not the ITR, it will never fit the whole family even if you tried .
    Exactly LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesil
    I tried to compare the both myself in GT4 and i find ITR has a slight better handling (both is good) and ITR also wins the straights too! However, this is just the result i had from a pretty good simulator in the world! Clio looks good from the front, but i do think his ass looks bad!

Can anyone tell me how is it's backseat compared to ITR! I do know that Clio's back seat is small, but how much bigger is a ITR?
    If you are driving a clio, the back seat will be VERY small for you if you're 194cm like me, cos i need to move the seat as far as the steer i could, but if you're not very tall, it is far enough space for you, integra's rear seat have bit more space even i move the seat as back as i could

Well....... because i don't expect anyone sitting on the back, so i took out the rear seat for both car, not an issue for me at all, i will drive another car if i need to take people, don't expect any coupe can have any comfort on the rear seat