Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg

h2b or b18c2 turbo

Im selling my b20 motor at the moment, i have found the car that i want to put some money into. The shell is clean and it has everything i want minus the power im after,
    im looking to spend between 7 to 10gs max im after a quick street car and a car i can take to wsid every now and again my goals are to run in the 12s,and something i can drive on a daily basis so it has to be reliable it would be good to get some feed back on these motors and the money involed in the swaps, and what people think is the better option i have some parts at the moment that i could use on both setups
    so some pros and cons for both setups would be great i love both these motors and o love turbo and n/a so its a hard choice
    Like my POST? why not add it with a +REP point!

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    It really depends on if you want boost or to take a step outside the box (in Australian Honda scene terms) both set ups if done right will be a blast. If you need parts for either set up let me know
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    I think street car, a b18c turbo is a fun car. Turbo and install will chew up ur 7-10g depends on how good the parts are and how much work u do urself. Remember brakes, suspension and tyres should equally up to the job.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    i have done five stud so i have good brakes and i have buddyclub coilovers, front and rear camber kits and upgraded swaybars front and back, new bushes allround i can install the engine and cv's basic stuff i cant do engine internals, i would rather a shop put a motor together for me and then i can reinstall myself
    If i was going to boost i cant afford to slevve it so i will probably just do pistons,rods some head work, type r cams i want to keep it simple.
    I would like to make atleast 200kw for the street and then be able to run 220/250kw at the track.

H2B is fast because of the gear ratios being short on the B-box and LSD, making it fast for the 1/4mile and just relies on the displacement torque of the 2.2litre.
    Just keep in mind you will have to setup custom p/steering and a/c brackets/lines if you want a full street setup OR unless you're fully sick and go with out like today on a 40C day with windows down.
    You will run high 12s with untouched h22a engine and in IMO very raw setup.

B18c2 and b16a setups are very similar, b16a keeping up due to tighter gear ratios which makes up for it.
    Turbo B setups produce heaps of power but putting the power down is where it counts.
    Stock b16a setup with good turbo setup runs around low 13s and can hit high 12s with LSD box and suspension/wheel setup.

I had an EG D16A turbo setup and it was very fun around the streets, i left most lightly moded Bseries N/A behind easily.
    But i did have wear n tear issues from heat production destroying wiring looms and plastic pieces etc and power was hard to get to the ground.
    If you can build a RELIABLE turbo B setup, than i would definately go for that.
    I drove my EG d16a as a daily for over 8years now and only issue was gearbox inputshaft leaked oil and destroyed my clutch.
    I have sold the car to my mate who rebuild the box and has been driving it for 2yrs now without a problem.

If you go turbo, do pistons and rods, than recondition the head. Its enough work as it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    with a h2b depending on what engine mounts u run u will either have shitty ground clearance unless u can score a custom kaizenspeed oil pan or something similar, or shitty hood clearance so youl have to run hood spacers. also most likely no ac/ps, and a loud ass 3" exhaust. not really good for daily

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    i didnt no about those problems with the h2b, im not to fussed on ps or ac i want to be able to drive it whenever but i do have a run about.
    What sort of power can the stock sleeves handle and what the most power i could run wit the pistons and rods done on a b18c2.
    I dont really like b16a's not enough torque

Member Array
    Car:
    Acura GSR
    Stay away from the H series! i've had nothing but annoying problems with mine.. and most that i knew owned H22 complained LOL..
    Wi-Fi Hotspot= Me gusta
    Password lock= Me not gusta!

It depends on what shell you are using for swap..
    I drive my EG h2b daily and it's very very quick car to be honest...i havent tried wsid lately because too busy at work but to be honest it beats most turbo and v8 cars easy on the street..
    The only problem i am having using QSD kit is bonnet sitting higher than normal, hard to pink slip and Its really attracting cop attention. If you want to h2b, grap evolution kit but you cant have your own choice flywheel
    h2b all motor- RIP
    FN2 -RIP
    GTI- RIP
    A 45 AMG -RIP
    C63 C205

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    my shell is an eg vti hatch,Statikflow what sort of problems do you mean i thought h22's were a good motor just bad gearing

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Statikflow View Post
    Stay away from the H series! i've had nothing but annoying problems with mine.. and most that i knew owned H22 complained LOL..
    Whatchu on about

H22 goot motor moite

Depends how well you look after it
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Could save some money and do a B18A1/B turbo build?

More money to put towards the internals you're going to need for the 220-250kw @ the track.