Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C

Talking air to water intercooler on all motor?

As the title says, what are people's thoughts. Also consider the motor is running a 13.0:1 compression ratio.
    touge is my style, F@CK your style!

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    What intake set up are you running? Just run methanol injection to bring down intake air temps. Side effect is a massive jump in power.
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo 85 Civic
    It's a waste of time, you will never get the temps below ambient unless you use ice or dry ice to cool the water down.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    What intake set up are you running? Just run methanol injection to bring down intake air temps. Side effect is a massive jump in power.
    x a billion.

a meth x water injection setup will go much much further than trying to cool already ambient air.

Set it up ao it only comes on above like, 5k rpm
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    this is for a daily driven motor. was only considering it for the summer. the cooler would be plumbed down into the front apron/bumper under the drivers head light, in a DA9 chassis. and the constant 12V fan and radiator would sit in front of the A/C condenser. I'm NOT expecting more power. just to stop the ping on hot day's. it only happens in 4th & 5th gear below 3000rpm, but stops after that, @ 15 deg adv. I'd like to run a little more advance. currently ig-adv is set to 10 deg so there's no ping through the rev range at this ig-adv setting.

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Touge Tom View Post
    this is for a daily driven motor. was only considering it for the summer. the cooler would be plumbed down into the front apron/bumper under the drivers head light, in a DA9 chassis. and the constant 12V fan and radiator would sit in front of the A/C condenser. I'm NOT expecting more power. just to stop the ping on hot day's. it only happens in 4th & 5th gear below 3000rpm, but stops after that, @ 15 deg adv. I'd like to run a little more advance. currently ig-adv is set to 10 deg so there's no ping through the rev range at this ig-adv setting.
    Sounds like you're trying to re-invent the wheel!

Water/Meth kits, such as the AEM one.. Are very simple, have failsafes, don't take much to install or maintain.. They're just the best option you have!
    You should have bought one already.. Forget about the Intercooler lol.
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Even just water injection will help. use demineralised water, and the fine mist will help your problem.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    Now in the long term buying methanol. Will be more expensive. As its daily driven.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    thank's for the input. I've decided to get a mist kit with a 20 litre tank and a front mount oil cooler. now its just a matter of time to purchase and install 'em. again thank's!

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Touge Tom View Post
    thank's for the input. I've decided to get a mist kit with a 20 litre tank and a front mount oil cooler. now its just a matter of time to purchase and install 'em. again thank's!
    Should do the trick!
    Good luck with it =)

Personally i think you're mad to be daily driving a 13:1 Motor.. But hey, why not.
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    got my meth/water injection kit on the way from atlanta/georgia, U.S.A .$289.42 AUD$ including postage. there were some locally, but i saved my self $100 buying from E-BAY. just shopping around for a 13 row oil cooler kit now.
    Last edited by Touge Tom; 08-12-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: correction's

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Try e85 it will keep temps down, its more stable.

I've looked at Meth injection seems very touchy to me.
    Last edited by Limbo; 11-12-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION