Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9

[CL9] Burnt / Melted Rear Centre Brake Light

Hi Guys,

Did a quick search but couldn't find anything so wondering whether anyone has had the same problem / know the easiest fix.

My rear centre brake light has stopped working. I thought it was a blown bulb but when I went to check it out the casing which the bulb attaches to was melted and same with the plastic bit which holds the bulb to the rear brake light was melted.

Any help would be appreciated!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Sounds like a short. You will need to inspect the wiring.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    ive read that there was a recall on euros on a shorting wiring in the boot.... theres a website that sez it too cant remember the site just google Australian Vehicle recalls and its a government site... maybe thats your short..
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Sounds like a short. You will need to inspect the wiring.
    Thanks, Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by BraXta View Post
    ive read that there was a recall on euros on a shorting wiring in the boot.... theres a website that sez it too cant remember the site just google Australian Vehicle recalls and its a government site... maybe thats your short..
    Thanks for the info. Have googled and it was done in 2004 (mine is a 2006) but could be for the same thing. Going to put it to Honda and see what they say.