Driver door key, remote and actuator on 2002 Integra

Hi all

Just bought a 2002 Honda Integra

It only has one key and remote and also it appears the door locking actuator is not working on the driver door. I was advised "9 times out of ten" if the remote won't open or close the driver door lock its most likely the actuator

I tried Honda and they can provide a new key for approx $73 (which is pretty good). I think I'll get it off them

Honda's price for a new remote is $230 (this is a bit high)

Does anybody know where I could get an original 2002-2006 Honda remote cheap 2nd hand?
    (Note: I was told that if I got an after market remote for the driver door then I would need to carry both the old existing Honda remote for the passenger door and hatch locks and also the new after market remote for the driver door lock (thats a bit awkward and I don't want to do that)

I haven't taken the trim off the driver door yet but where does the actuator sit (in the lock itself or lower in the door frame)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by integra1 View Post
    Hi all

Just bought a 2002 Honda Integra

It only has one key and remote and also it appears the door locking actuator is not working on the driver door. I was advised "9 times out of ten" if the remote won't open or close the driver door lock its most likely the actuator

I tried Honda and they can provide a new key for approx $73 (which is pretty good). I think I'll get it off them

Honda's price for a new remote is $230 (this is a bit high)

Does anybody know where I could get an original 2002-2006 Honda remote cheap 2nd hand?
    (Note: I was told that if I got an after market remote for the driver door then I would need to carry both the old existing Honda remote for the passenger door and hatch locks and also the new after market remote for the driver door lock (thats a bit awkward and I don't want to do that)

I haven't taken the trim off the driver door yet but where does the actuator sit (in the lock itself or lower in the door frame)?

Thanks
    if the drivers side lock is clicking but not locking try lubing inside the lock where it clips onto the metal ring, i had the same problem, lubed it up and central locking did fine.

Where what clips onto the metal ring? Are you talking about the actuator device when you say "lock"

I have a schematic of the setup but it won't paste on here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	honda integra actuator.JPG 
Views:	244 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	23539

Please click on above attachment for expanded view of schematic of locking mechanism in Integra which includes the actuator which is the box on the right and numbers 5 and 26

Type FN, which number or exact spot is the area to lube ?

Thanks

The driver side lock is not clicking on remote use so I have ordered an actuator to make the remote work for the front right door.

I was advised that 9 times out of ten if the key works the lock alright then you probably don't need the associated actuator latch and rods

However, I do need a spare 2nd hand remote cheap - does anyone have one for sale to suit a 2002 to 2006 Integra ??

If not, does anyone know of a wrecker that might be selling one?
    Last edited by integra1; 07-01-2013 at 05:30 PM.

I managed to find a 2nd hand remote which is being sent to me in the mail

Does anyone know if Honda have any instructions to tune in a 2nd hand remote to an original remote?