Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

need some advice please :)

Hey,
    I just purchased a dc2 type r spoiler in championship white for $150, it does not match my car paint colour, the spoiler is really creamy in colour :/ so i have to paint it, would you guys recommend DIY or taking it to a professional body shop to get it sprayed.

the spoiler is in great condition and i dont want to stuff it up, also i do not have an air compressor so if were to DIY it would be unfortunately be with a spray can

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    Depends how anal you are. Me personally I'd never touch paint especially things that are visible such as a spoiler. Take it to a pro, should only cost a small amount anyways if its in good condition.
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Its not hard to DIY it. I would do it personally for the experience, because that what it did turn out. I also used spray cans and it turned out pretty good. If you do intend to DIY it practice the spraying motion on a piece of carboard first so you can get used to it.

Steps are pretty easy...
    1. Sand it from 400 grit up wards to about 2000 I suggest.
    2. Prime it.
    3. Spray it
    4. Clear coat.
    5. Cut/polish
    6. Buff

And it will look brand spanking new even if you use spray cans
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    +1 above its always good to learn from experience you gotta have balls! I managed to diy my guards and bumper and they turned out 100 times better then i thought it would be, just take your time and make sure you use quality compounds (ie. Meguairs). But i learnt the hard way, i stuffed it up at first then after doing some research i managed to fix it up so yeah.
    Genius....Rad Car......why not have both?

I resprayed my panel using the spray can method, after it i sanded it down and body filled it, but the paint consistency doesnt really match with the car, do you think i should invest in a touch up paint gun? my dad already has an air compressor and then i will be able to redo my panel, and my spoiler

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    oh yeh if your dad has an aircompressor then it wouldnt hurt getting the spray gun they work alot better. And when your getting your paint mixe get it done at an automotive paint shop not autobahn or something because they tend to not match as good.
    Genius....Rad Car......why not have both?

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Just pay mattsrea to do it TBH. He does an ahmuzing job
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

Quote Originally Posted by mattsrea View Post
    oh yeh if your dad has an aircompressor then it wouldnt hurt getting the spray gun they work alot better. And when your getting your paint mixe get it done at an automotive paint shop not autobahn or something because they tend to not match as good.
    o wow thanks that helped alot, i went to autobarn today and i asked them for paint that i could use with my touch up paint gun since i am using an air compressor and they said that they sell spray cans with my paint code.. and that if i was keen on using a spray gun, they could mix the paint and then put it in a tin container for me, costing $32, and that i needed two tin containers.. that seems really expensive.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    You would be looking at prices like that any where you go. Though autobarn can be stupid as fk sometimes. Gave me wrong paint the first time

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Where are you located? If in Melbourne I can tell you a few places to head to
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    Where are you located? If in Melbourne I can tell you a few places to head to
    yeah, i am from melbourne eastern suburbs

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Head into Body Shop Paint Supplies in Bayswater. They will look after you
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8