Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by blk_shadow View Post
    So has anyone solved this issue yet? Curious to know.
    My battery died ~6 months after that, replaced it. The car still does the ding and flash the lights up. Never had any actual issues related to it that I can tell in 2 years of owning it *knock on wood*.

I do think it's what was mentioned, the voltage reg or the load detector (under the fusebox).

It doesn't appear to happen when I have my headlights on (or air con), one of the two. So I have load on the system, it doesn't appear to be an issue.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by Cla View Post
    My battery died ~6 months after that, replaced it. The car still does the ding and flash the lights up. Never had any actual issues related to it that I can tell in 2 years of owning it *knock on wood*.

I do think it's what was mentioned, the voltage reg or the load detector (under the fusebox).

It doesn't appear to happen when I have my headlights on (or air con), one of the two. So I have load on the system, it doesn't appear to be an issue.
    I see...

yep, when I have my air con on seems to be all fine as well.

Thanks for the reply.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Is the earthing battery cable OK? Its a short cable (10 cm) between the battery and the car chassis.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro
    I had the same issue. For me it was an aftermarket OEX alternator. Issue went away when I replaced the alternator with a Denso. I reported what the OEX was doing here:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...tor-Avoid-them

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodak View Post
    I had the same issue. For me it was an aftermarket OEX alternator. Issue went away when I replaced the alternator with a Denso. I reported what the OEX was doing here:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...tor-Avoid-them
    Yes, well this was the dealership who replaced it (it died within 3 months of buying the car 2nd hand). I believe they used the OEX one (DXA561 is written on it). So nothing much I can do, was glad they replaced it because the other one was fried!

That was over 2 years ago now, it still dings and flashes up randomly. Doesn't appear to be causing any other issues, battery is still strong.

At least I finally have an answer, I believe everyone else was leading to the same answer anyways.

If It does cause problems in the future, I know to replace it.. but I suppose in the mean time I can put up with a few dings/noises instead of spending $650.

Bumping this thread.
    I have changed the battery and alternator andstilling getting that ding.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by markie92 View Post
    Bumping this thread.
    I have changed the battery and alternator andstilling getting that ding.
    Sounds like you replaced your alternator with an aftermarket one.