Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys.l View Post
    And by the way it's a fallacy all Type Rs get thrashed. I hardly ever vtec mine. I'm aware I am soft. I believe the guy before me was as well. But I reckon my car drives better for it, and the cornering performance is where these cars shine anyway, not on the limiter in a straight line.
    I have to agree!
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I wouldn't bother getting it inspected if the gears are that troublesome, you know that it hasn't been serviced in at least 10,000kms, and the guy redlines it everywhere. Too many negative factors.

It's not shifting at redline that wears the car prematurely. It's sustained high rpm driving that will net u a bent valve or spun bearing down the road.

Based on the above info I'd stay away from it mate. It's one thing to think all Type Rs get thrashed. It's another thing to know the one you are looking at has been. People on this site seem to go on forever about how Honda's are designed to be thrashed, they can handle it and it's all good as long as regular servicing is carried out. But at the end of the day shit is going to wear faster in car that spends its life at high rpms and you might end up footing the bill.

And by the way it's a fallacy all Type Rs get thrashed. I hardly ever vtec mine. I'm aware I am soft. I believe the guy before me was as well. But I reckon my car drives better for it, and the cornering performance is where these cars shine anyway, not on the limiter in a straight line.
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec_yoo View Post
    I guess that's right... Although I don't believe Vtec is thrashing the car..

I think thrashing a car is more or less dumping the clutch, rev limitering gears consistently etc..

Having said that, this bloke from word had basically been doing this!
    driving spiritedly or aggressively is a far stretch from thrashing/track/drag racing. typically an enthusiast with mechanical sympathy, cruises at a comfy 3k rpm with the random burst pull to weave in and out of traffic. probably puts more wear on your neck vertebrae than on anything mechanical in your car, and even then, you hardly get to reach 6k rpm before a car infront of me requires me to get off the gas pedal.

then theres those people who think thrashing is any time your rpms go over 2.5k. now think about it, all the cars you see, losing compression burning oil and blowing smoke, tend to be your family car/eco box which has never been taken over 2k rpm.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    its a typeR m8

if you never take it over 4k,sell it and buy a gsi so a real racer can appreciate it

Based on the above info I'd stay away from it mate. It's one thing to think all Type Rs get thrashed. It's another thing to know the one you are looking at has been. People on this site seem to go on forever about how Honda's are designed to be thrashed, they can handle it and it's all good as long as regular servicing is carried out. But at the end of the day shit is going to wear faster in car that spends its life at high rpms and you might end up footing the bill.

My car runs so much smoother after a good hard track day. I believe you need to give the car a good hard drive every now and then to clean it out.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    It's not shifting at redline that wears the car prematurely. It's sustained high rpm driving that will net u a bent valve or spun bearing down the road.
    If you are shifting near the red line then you are also driving at high rpms therefore leaving yourself open to the consequences you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    driving spiritedly or aggressively is a far stretch from thrashing/track/drag racing. typically an enthusiast with mechanical sympathy, cruises at a comfy 3k rpm with the random burst pull to weave in and out of traffic. probably puts more wear on your neck vertebrae than on anything mechanical in your car, and even then, you hardly get to reach 6k rpm before a car infront of me requires me to get off the gas pedal.

then theres those people who think thrashing is any time your rpms go over 2.5k. now think about it, all the cars you see, losing compression burning oil and blowing smoke, tend to be your family car/eco box which has never been taken over 2k rpm.
    Completely agree with you hey. First paragraph is essentially how I drive, and is by no means thrashing the car. There is a big difference between this type of driving and what other people have said about the driving of the owner of the car in question.

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    its a typeR m8

if you never take it over 4k,sell it and buy a gsi so a real racer can appreciate it
    Vtec is 5.6k right, so it gets higher than 4k But regardless, like I said, I've got a type r for the handling and feel. A gsi can't match that, even one with a set of coilovers.

Quote Originally Posted by rossirider View Post
    My car runs so much smoother after a good hard track day. I believe you need to give the car a good hard drive every now and then to clean it out.
    Sure, why not. I never said my car never gets driven hard, just not on the regular basis the above one apparently does.

I think the last time I let Vvvtec drive it, it got more vtec in 20 minutes than it had had for the 2 years before hand lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    at the end of the day its your money, do as you wish, just giving some background, and i think the prce is a bit high, but hey its a famous type r... you can get civics and other tegs cheaper and faster for less
    Wakefield Park PB: 1.15.6

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by .Dave View Post
    at the end of the day its your money, do as you wish, just giving some background, and i think the prce is a bit high, but hey its a famous type r... you can get civics and other tegs cheaper and faster for less
    But factor in the Type-R tax and ta-da...18k dc2r.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    LOL rhys
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    I've decided not to go ahead with this R, after all the negative feedback it's only logical not to go through with it...

I've also inspected this one, looks good although the log books stop at 100,000 kms and the owner claims only 22k have been put on the car in 5 years...

I know it's been for sale for atleast a year..

Has anyone else gone to see the car?.. If so what did you think?

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/?R=11221535

Quote Originally Posted by vtec_yoo View Post
    I've decided not to go ahead with this R, after all the negative feedback it's only logical not to go through with it...

I've also inspected this one, looks good although the log books stop at 100,000 kms and the owner claims only 22k have been put on the car in 5 years...

I know it's been for sale for atleast a year..

Has anyone else gone to see the car?.. If so what did you think?

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/?R=11221535
    Still for sale?!

In my opinion, Yellow Type R's do not last long on the market UNLESS there is something mechanically/financially up with them.
    EG