Last edited by cloverfield; 13-05-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    I dont see a problem with it besides it being longer than it needs to be, what part of it is making you feel unsafe?

yours is cable tied to the brake vacuum hose not a heater hose btw.

Too keep mine neat and short i ran mine directly below the battery and cable tied the fuse holder to the battery mount like so.

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    MY10 Ody Lux
    Looks ok to me.
    It's fused close to the battery, is zip tied at regular spacing, and so long as the piping it is tied to in a couple of places is secure itself, not an issue.
    Good to see that the factory grommet has been used as well.

If you have time (a luxury the installer probably didn't have), and you felt so inclined, you may want to reroute things but honestly, its all good there pal.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverfield View Post
    Thanks for the reply TbM.

The part that makes me feel unsafe is the cable tie to the brake vacuum hose part. If for whatever reason that cable tie lets go, will it be dangerous if the fuse gets hot and is flying around near the intake manifold?
    its an insulated wire, i wouldnt worry about it
    Can you please post more photos of where you ran your power cable? do you have pics of the grommet you used? I might call up the guy and get him to run it like you have..it looks way more safe.
    this is the only pic i could find, its just below the battery tray

Btw, how long have you had the amp in your car? have you ever had any issues? Cheers buddy.
    ive had an audio setup in the ek for a couple years now, was originaly 4 gauge wiring and upgraded to 0 gauge 6 months- 1 year ago, no problems with the wiring.
    One thing that I am afraid of is if because the power cable runs across the engine bay..it can get very hot and melt? and possibly burn something?
    if its proper audio/power cable it will be insulated and the heat from the bay wont bother it at all.

Hi TbM, I just got off the phone to my installer and he's coming this Friday to fix it up. I explained to him your photo but it would help me a ton if you could post some more photos up and explain which hole/grommet you used and if you had to do anything special? Really appreciate your help buddy
    i just pulled the grommet out and jammed my finger in the hole a bit and pulled out a little section of the liner then jammed the cable through till i could grab it under the carpet in the passenger foot well and pull it through. cut a hole in the grommet to make an tight seal on the cable and slip it over and pop into place.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna