Civic ek kick panel and side step plastic near seat removal help~!!

Hi,

I have searched and hav not found any clear instruction to remove the passenger and driver kick panels and also side step plastic to tuck speaker wires under. Can anyone shed som light on how to remove them without breaking anything.

thanks in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1

Ignore "is there a screw there" haha. I was once in the same position as you.

Basically, you undo the big plastic looking screw at the top, then get a flat head screwdriver and yank out the rectangle area (its like a plug).

Thanks honda for ur input, is their any chance u know how to tak out the plastic that goes around the door step? Can anyone assist, would much b aprreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by heyalannn View Post
    Thanks honda for ur input, is their any chance u know how to tak out the plastic that goes around the door step? Can anyone assist, would much b aprreciated.
    Yes! To remove that you would have to strip out the WHOLE interior. This will require you to (from memory):
    1. Remove the interior of the boot
    2. Remove rear speaker cover to access the screws holding the plastic trim
    3. Remove rear seats and there should be two screws on the side (one for each side)
    4. Remove all the interior with a firm and steady pull (don't break anything! Take your time, you will hear pops from the plugs)
    5. Now you can access the side door plastic and take that off.

It is a long process if it is your first time. Just track down the screws and take your time

The alternative which is much much quicker but abit dogey is to:
    1. Open your car door and sit so your facing the car, legs under the car (whatever your comfortable with)
    2. Slide your finger down the plastic door thing, I find the bottom corner is easiest.
    3. Now pull that up (take care! you will hear pop's from the plug but don't shit yourself aha)
    4. Lift and tuck your cables, making sure that it has clearance for the seatbelt bolt when you put it back in place

Note: This can only be done if you have removed the two screws at the rear seats, and the seat belt bolt.

Please clear your inbox, it's full

Full again, so I can't reply to your PM