Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic

2.1l B18c Spark Plug choice

Hi everyone,

No im not trying to start another spark plug thread trying to find which plugs will give me .0002 more hp or anything but which spark plugs are going to work well for my engine,

2.1L B18c
    Raised deck
    Ductile sleeves
    84mm 13:1 pistons
    95mm stroke
    Skunk 2 stage 2 equivelant cams

What plugs will work for this setup, currently it is only partially tuned so it can idle and cruise but with stock b18c plugs its pretty poo, engine not too happy with them, i also have a set of s15 iridiums in there atm and there pretty good but obviously there prob not ideal for it since i just threw them in to get it running.

Thanks Everyone
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Just a note, i have found info that says to use BK7RE-11 gapped to .8mm, R5671A-8 for 12:1+
    Last edited by B18cEG; 20-12-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Speak with your tuner, this has many variables, fuel type, ignition power available, use ( street or track, lower or upper rev range end ) and mostly, state of tune and inspecting them at intervals to see how they are fairing / performing. Is that an option for you with your tuner?

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    are you getting mis-fire?

gapping the plugs to 0.8 will definately help with high compression ratio engine.
    because the spark plug has to work harder to spark, gapping it smaller will help the plug to fire.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    little bit of detonation more than anything, think i just need the correct-ish heat range plug to begin with thats all im really trying to get at, at the moment both the plugs are a 6 so maybe need a 7 or 8
    Last edited by B18cEG; 20-12-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    definately try that.

i think the standard heat range is 7.

try that and gap it down if not improving.

Quote Originally Posted by B18cEG View Post
    little bit of detonation more than anything, think i just need the correct-ish heat range plug to begin with thats all im really trying to get at, at the moment both the plugs are a 6 so maybe need a 7 or 8
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Standard heat range is 6, go 7 should help.
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    I like the ductile sleeves addition, so your 2.1L actually becomes a larger displacement then back to normal again? Epic.

Actually, I should correct myself, how much do these ductile sleeves expand to alter your overall displacement?

By the way, go 8's... if you don't mind a hard engine to start in the cold, go 9s.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
    I like the ductile sleeves addition, so your 2.1L actually becomes a larger displacement then back to normal again? Epic.

Actually, I should correct myself, how much do these ductile sleeves expand to alter your overall displacement?

By the way, go 8's... if you don't mind a hard engine to start in the cold, go 9s.
    I just read the 7's and there just a little bit hot but much better so i am going with the 8's R5671A-8, not sure about the ductile sleeves in regards to "displacement" but i went with them because i have a raised deck block from ERL Performance so i now have a true closed deck setup, and i plan on going turbo later down the track, obviously different cams and pistons but there meant to be able to withstand 40psi boost.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Don't worry, i'm messing around with you and the "ductile" comment.

You can run normal coppers if you want for the mean time, they just don't last as long.. I've run 8's before without any issues on 13.5+.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    bkr8e11

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Thanks guys, went with R5671A-8 8 heat range, non protruding insulator