gsi/VTI-R painting plastic part on panel

hey,
    most people with gsi/VTI-R paint the side plastic covers the same colour as there car's paint colour because it looks like a type r, or maybe because they think it looks better. This is what i mean, http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...867_6_full.jpg
    they painted the plastic part from black to white.

I was thinking of just taking the plastic of from the panel, sanding that area, and using body filler to cover to holes? and then painting it, would this be advisable? because i don't want to paint the plastic, it looks better without it.. What do you guys think :S

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    VTi-Rs already have body-coloured side mouldings; only the GSi has black mouldings. GSi owners may spray them to improve the looks, yes, but it has nothing to do with the Type R. If people were trying to make it look like a Type R, they would shave it, as you are suggesting. Type Rs don't have side mouldings, and look cleaner as a result.

If this is the look you are going for, it is achievable. You will need to remove your interior door trims and weld the holes before filling, sanding and painting. You will also need to be careful when painting, so as to blend the colour correctly. If your welding, bogging and painting skills are up to the task, go for it. It'll cost quite a bit to have this done by a bodyshop, however.

As you apparently already have a DC2 with body-coloured side mouldings, however, I would consider their removal to be a waste of money.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Its achievable but it really is a tough job as explained on top. Personally i would just paint over it. Much easier and less hassle. Cause if you fk it up trying to remove it and its gonna cost a small fortune to fix it.
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by eLtrix View Post
    Its achievable but it really is a tough job as explained on top. Personally i would just paint over it. Much easier and less hassle. Cause if you fk it up trying to remove it and its gonna cost a small fortune to fix it.
    But if he has a DC2 as he claims, they'll already be body coloured. Maybe he actually has a DC4, and is confused.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    Nah dont remove it, paint over it or leave it as is, the holes is the problem if u decide to remove, its not that easy to cover them up.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    But if he has a DC2 as he claims, they'll already be body coloured. Maybe he actually has a DC4, and is confused.
    Yeah, sounds like he has a dc4
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by eLtrix View Post
    Yeah, sounds like he has a dc4
    i have both