Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    I know i sounds like a broken record but i worked on a setup recently with nearly identical symptoms to yours, we changed everything ! and the problem was fixed with a bottle of fuel system cleaner from supercheap. Not saying this will definitely fix yours but sometimes its the simple things that are overlooked.

I dont think you should rely on your wide-band 100% for fault finding your fuel system as the sensor is downstream from your engine. The miss-fire may only be minuscule and in one cylinder - it may not be enough for your wideband to accurately capture as some can have a slow-ish response rate.

Maybe just remove your injectors, tap them out and see if there is any debris, get a good bottle of fuel system clean from supercheap and run it in for a bit. At least these steps wont chew your wallet and only cost you a little bit of time.

Good luck dude
    Last edited by Sexc86; 08-01-2013 at 06:22 PM.
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    Waiting on ride
    GoPro it so we can actually hear what is happening.

Haha you are taking us all over the place champion.. first feeling like fuel splutter NEK MINNIT self-diagnosed sensor splutter

How do you know fuel pressure is GOOD.. what are you reading? At high rpm maybe your fuel pump cannot handle the sudden 'go' that you are after. This may be it IF whilst slowly accelerating, your fuel pump CAN handle this but CANNOT handle quick response WOT.

Goodluck
    SOHC just kicked in YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG y0
    haha sorry. Just trying everything at the moment im losing my mind.

Because i dont run a vacuum line to the fpr yet it sits at 70psi all the time. 4k isnt high rpm :P.. Ive also tried a 255 and 400 walbro's. Both doing the same thing..

There were no issues on the dyno holding 70psi using both fuel pumps all the way up to 8200.

But yeah, defintely something weird going on.

Ill get a gopro vid happening when i take it for a drive, ill try tomorow arvo.
    FFamily

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    is the problem resolved yet ASH!!!?!?!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Have you checked the exhaust cat? Could be blocked..
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    ^ its all too late.
    OP has decided to part it out and sell it all.

Mod. to please close thread.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_gee View Post
    ^ its all too late.

I think he found the problem,

He hasn't said anything yet, so he will update the issue before the thread gets closed. So in future when people get a similar issue this thread might save them time or their lifes.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    ^ its all too late.

Is this your thread???????????
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    EG y0
    So after everything i had just had enough of the car. I knew the problem would be something so simple and stupid in the end. I guess it just made me realise i need to stop spending money on this thing, and move onto something else! I had many more plans for the car this year, but i had to think realistically that by the end i finished them the car would owe me close to 80k.. And would forever be a civic. I was only 50% going to part out, until i receieved a great offer on my motor setup that i could not turn down..

Anyway, pulled the whole car apart. Engine bay stripped and interior out.. Begin taking off the exhaust and we find this..

The centre of my cat had just blown completely out and clogged my exhaust. The thing is though, i changed my axle back to my muffler whilst i was testing things. It must had been crushed and lodged further up my exhaust somehow, then reaching this point and not going anywhere. There was basically 5x 2mm holes in this squashed cone of metal.. :\

Im 80% this was my problem because it all makes sense now.. Anyways.. Live and learn guys, always check your cat's! haha.

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Holy fuk lol
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    EG y0
    You can imagine the amount of backpressure this thing was causing when it started to build boost!
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    ^ its all too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    Is this your thread???????????
    lmaoo
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre