Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    How much would I be looking at a set (front & back) do you think? I haven't even heard of them before to be honest. Then which amp would be recommended if going through them? Cheers for the reply!
    You know what? I still hate you, but you got a pretty awesome collection of nudie mags.
    Yeah, I got 'em from the 70's, 80's and 90's. It's like masturbating in a time machine.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Wait, wait wait... You want HIGH sound quality, and lots of bass... for under $200? For both a front and rear set of speakers? You'll be pushing your luck there... Unless you define something like fusion splits decent sound quality.

Seriously, head down to autobarn, listen to the splits on the wall, find out which ones sound better. then, save up the money for them, and voilla. You have splits. And as said before, don't worry about the rears.
    If you want a cheap amp, a jaycar 4x100 is probably your best bet... I'm pretty sure they are the cheapest out there, whilst still actually being alright

Member Array
    Car:
    ek.k24a
    depends on what your looking for out of the speaker

bass mid or high

but

ground zero
    focal
    soundstream
    alpine

would choose anything else other than them

thats in quality order
    d16y4>>k24a3 for the win !!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    morel maximos

if you're adamant on getting rears + fronts then save up $100 more for maximo coaxils. or, front maximo componenets + some sound deadner. personally id do the latter.
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Excellent recommendation arverson. My Maximos sound sweet as..

I like soundstream, for a cheapish speaker, and alpine for more higher end, and vocals for higher again

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    Just got some JL Audio TR600 CXI for my 06 Civic. It's wired straight to my alpine head unit and all I can say is WOW! Bang for buck! $163 for the fronts. If you don't want to install an amp, then these will do the trick! I have a sub to provide the extra bass by the way.

Clear highs and good mids, haven't cranked it to the max yet, no need to, to be honest.

http://instagram.com/p/bmx3JmPQ0A/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	25251  
    Last edited by Frost_FD; 11-07-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Hey Op, Have you considered Type S speakers from Alpine. No need for an amp for the type s and they are miles ahead from a stock system. Given you have 50wx4 headunit at minimum 52wx4 head unit would be better. Nice clear sound with that oomph.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Hey Op, Have you considered Type S speakers from Alpine. No need for an amp for the type s and they are miles ahead from a stock system. Given you have 50wx4 headunit at minimum 52wx4 head unit would be better. Nice clear sound with that oomph.
    No way, you can get much better speakers for the price of type S. Same seal with type R... Such as the morel maximos. And the basic focals.

Member Array
    ^jbl are pretty good for budget.

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    hatchback cars...
    best to just run front stage + rear sub?
    no need for rear spkers yeah?

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Pretty much the case with all cars,unless you constantly have passengers in the rear.

I have fronts with dynamat, and a sub in the rear (or two,hah) and it sounds a lot better than having rear fill.. came from a car that wad just rear fill, to a car with both, which I ebentually transitioned to front, and now this car with just front. So much better