Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

pod filter defect 95 honda civic

Hi everyone
    I recently got a defect for a pod filter on a honda civic 95 model. The defect said "air pod filter not comply". Would I be right in assuming that I only need to change the 'head'?

Just a few questions:
    1. What do I ask for at the wreckers? Also about how much will it be?
    2. I have 5 days to fix this or else I won't be allowed to drive. Does anyone have a stock intake they are willing to sell? I am located in Blacktown(Sydney), but willing to travel.

uploaded are two pictures of the pod filter

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    Is it mounted to the engine bay? I doesnt look like it from those photos. But you will need to cover the filter with some type of enclosure and if its not mounted to the engine bay you will need to find a way to do so

Personally from second hand experience through my friends, everytime they tried rolling over the pits with anything that didn't look OEM, they got rejected.

Best thing would be to source an OEM air intake to get over the pits, then swap back to pod filter after you've been given the all clear.

For future reference though you can get an engineers certificate to give you a thumbs up on the pod filter, but that will cost you extra, and I couldn't give any advice on this.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    lol that filter looks like ratshit anyways

look,to pass the defect just ask a mate who has a civic or integra from around 1988-2000 to borrow his stock airbox

once you passed,give it back and buy a bloody new filter man or hunt for standard eg civic airbox

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Not sure about sydney rules....

If from vic, u can pass with a poddy easy, But the main problem with ur setup, A) its fukkn dirty as! get a new one, and B) its not even secure at all! they wouldnt even let u onto the tracks with that setup let alone on the road at vic roads hahaha

Get a new filter, than u need to find a bracket that u can secure the pod filter onto or the piping, so long as it cannot move and is bolted down it should b fine

But as for defect, as others said, find a oem air box an arm an bolt it back on, an pass with ease! I dont know were cops find the time to defect ur car OP lmaooo...
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    lmao@filter
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    That's not a pod filter that's some dog Sh*T in there. You got defect because this filter is Oiled filter. Just get a normal air filter.
    You killing your engine with this filter
    Last edited by hmetro24; 24-12-2012 at 09:29 PM.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Get an OEM box - return it all to stock. Gut the resonator, add a high flow panel and chop a decent sized hole underneath it and run large bore ducting from it to a low point on the car.

Never have to worry about defects again. SRI pods are marginal at the best of times.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    Waiting on ride
    ^^ You need to box it up and keep it secure.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    VIC must be secured/mounted and enclosed (oil based filters, paper based can be exposed).

Mounting is easy. Get a strip of aluminum from bunnings, 2-3mm thick, just bolt it to your strut tower and twist/bend it so that it sits under the filter clamp.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    VIC must be secured/mounted and enclosed (oil based filters, paper based can be exposed).

Mounting is easy. Get a strip of aluminum from bunnings, 2-3mm thick, just bolt it to your strut tower and twist/bend it so that it sits under the filter clamp.
    NSW - all pods are illegal including CAIs (CAIs tend to be hidden away a bit more) unless boxed. Must be fully enclosed regardless of filter type except for the intake component. Hence my post earlier - return it to stock. They can't argue with a factory air box. Later on you can design/build a custom box but for cost effectiveness, using the stock one is the way to go.

My E30 runs a pod, fully enclosed in a carbon fibre cylinder and ducted to the wheel well.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Some images from 3 of my cars

'64 EH Holden - Illegal setup in NSW as filter is exposed to air (never picked up on because the rare times I got pulled over, the police complimented the car and moved me on

'85 E30 BMW - Illegal pod setup when purchased

Replaced with fully enclosed K&N cone inside a CF cylinder. Flow tested for 2.5/2.7 E30s. Ducting to guards. Legal.

DC2R factory airbox gutted and modded by PO to maintain the enclosure and increase flow. Spoon air filter. Legal.

I had a similar issue to the PO in my Suzuki GTi - open pod which I was never pulled up for but I ended up making a box for out of a storage box. Peace of mind is a good thing to have, especially as when you go to clear a defect, they often look over the rest of the car in NSW. I had the joy of having to prove a factory SLR5000 filter setup to those that weren't in the know.