Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: please delete

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg

please delete

to many wankers posting shit
    Last edited by jayeg; 29-05-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    Like my POST? why not add it with a +REP point!

With the right setup you could make 300kws+ on stock sleeves, stock sleeves can hold a surprising amount before they start to walk/distort. 5557 is a decent size depending what your power goals are though.

Kind Regards
    Thanh Nguyen

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    for daily 180kw and 220/250kw for drag strip the kit comes with eboost so i can have a few different boost settings.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    I would say 500hp (370kw) is a good place to stop. I have noticed once the stock sleeves are taken to mid 550hp (410kw) and above the sleeve are prone to cracking.
    Last edited by chongy; 31-12-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chongy View Post
    I would say 500hp (370kw) is a good place to stop. I have notice once the stock sleeves are taken to mid 550hp (410kw) and above the sleeve are prone to cracking.

You have notice ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    bummmpp

Member Array
    Car:
    Waiting on ride
    What are you trying to do? Daily? Drag? Track?

Max Power is a reference to our good friend, Homer Simpson.

Now.. Horse power is all dependent on your compression ratio + turbo size comparative. You can have ~8.0 compression and run a big ass turbo and have HIGH HP at a non-daily RPM.
    Now.. Torque is twisting force. Again, comp ratio + turbo size. You can have ~11.0 comp and have a large turbo running small boost that kicks in a good TORQUE curve at a half decent RPM.

I am not sure on computers ( eBoost - do not know what this is ) BUT I can say one thing. Am I right in saying you essentially CANNOT have both a street and drag setup. Essentially. You can have some of this and some of that but not the best of both worlds. Correct me if I am wrong.

Good luck for your Max Power goals of 2013..
    SOHC just kicked in YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    im going to try stock sleeves been reading alot on honda.tech there are a tonne of b18c's running 400hp on stock sleeves.
    I would rarely turn the boost up that high for street duties 300hp would do i will make sure a get a good tuner and see how it goes

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Can I ask, why would you go forged internals and chase such large power without sleeving the block? Surely if you're taking it apart and piecing together an expensive setup you'd do it for peace of mind, right?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    $$$$ and for daily its only going to be running 300hp which the sleeves can take

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah 300 no worries as long as your tune is good. I once saw a B16A do 200kw for 6 years on OEM internals, but admittedly that's a shorter stroke. You should be fine all the same but I wouldn't chase any more power than that.

The yanks tend to go 400-450HP ATW in their B18's but that's on a US dyno, however you'd probably be fine at 350HP.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    the turbo kit im getting was making 250kw on a stock b18cr and a $1000 dollar tune so im going to try a stock b18cr instead of having to have ,
    to retune for a different motor