Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: please delete

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    E85 whats not to like ! 10% more power, 10-15% more torque, motor runs cooler and at $1.17/litre who cares how much ya use !

Member Array
    Car:
    Waiting on ride
    $1.17 a litre.. wow. I must be seeing things when my friends fill up. I'm going to check out the new United on Victoria Rd, Drummoyne.
    SOHC just kicked in YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Why fill up at United when just round the corner on lyons road is a Caltex with E85. Ive been running E85 for a month now and have used close to 10 tanks, yep 3 a week depending on work. As a rule E85 is generally 20c cheaper than the cheapest Unleaded. Some Caltex's are better than others, havent used United yet.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    I prefer caltex E85 over united just the fact there more readily available. Been running E85 for 4 years no problem with fuel lines/pump and etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    What idiot cleans injectors using the injector cleaner?! Get them done properly with a flow test at the same time

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    caltex e85 (eflex) ranges its ethanol content alot more than united e85 which is alot more consistent than eflex caltex

http://www.rexnet.com.au/forum/index...vs-united-e85/
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    i think i might give e85 a try more power and safer sounds good to me
    Like my POST? why not add it with a +REP point!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    People have been using e85 for ages just maje sure u oick a tuner that is well known and worked with it before
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    Sorry for hijacking... On the topic of stock blocks... I am currently turbocharging stock b18c2... I have been having some questions regarding head bolts....

I am using stock everything ATM but have come up to a thought about reliability... I don't want to lift the head or blow a head gasket so have been looking at remedies... ARP are obviously one... I will be getting them depending how the next thought I had goes...

Is it possible to up the torque on the standard headbolts at all to help against the excess force of the boosted combustion? Not by heaps but just enough to help minimise head lift?

If so what is the torque people used? If not then is it possible to just remove old head bolts and and install new arps without having to change anything else ie, take old bolts one by one and install arps as I go along?

Cheers

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    My mechanic often torqued them an extra 5-10lbs for gasket leaks but you just need to be mindful of not stretching the bolts too much.

ARP you can remove and reinstall the head several times but oem bolts you're not supposed to. Worth upgrading IMO if you're worried about it otherwise just don't worry I'd say. Should be fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    Awesome... The engine was ment to be for another project and just had new head and head gasket and bolts installed... done about 20kms before it was decided to be taken out of that car and installed in mine... Was going to check the torque on them before dyno tuning and was hoping somebody was going to say that so I could throw some extra torque on them while I was checking them...

If it ever blows they will be replaced but till then... stock engines all the way

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    so what sort of power can the stock sleeve's take running on e85 im getting close to deciding my final setup and looking for 400hp
    Like my POST? why not add it with a +REP point!