Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: please delete

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    good old ozhonda,always somebody who thinks there no everything and have only bad things to say.
    if you have nothing helpfull to say dont post.
    and with the turbo kit i have i could run 11 with just forged piston's and rods and dont need to fully build everything.
    Like my POST? why not add it with a +REP point!

I would say thats not really a negative comment, rather just commenting on the difficulty of what youre trying to do. Building a reliable 11 second car is difficult in itself, let alone a 1.8l fwd thats gonna be driven daily.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    i said it would be used for street duties,not as a daily driver, i would like to be able to drive it on the weekends.
    and i have a boost controller its not going to be running 250kw all the time,most of the time it would be set to around 160kw.
    I will like to try get it into 11's if i can i would be happy 12's,It would be good to get a few comments on some of the questions ive asked.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    LOL, comes on here commenting in a negative fashion about a "HONDA" not being able to run 11's and be reliable? Numptiesrus.

You can easily run 11's on a daily driven Honda, K swaps will do it with their eyes closed and a properly tuned turbo B series will do the same.

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Its not hard at all to build 11 sec car
    Mine was a daily driven EG civic hatch with a stock internal k24a3 that ran 11s only with 154kw@wheels
    Good fuel economy too ( full tank can reach 500km's)
    Last edited by EG5; 16-03-2013 at 11:07 PM.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    Waiting on ride
    Didn't mean to sound negative about your plans nor 'HONDA'.

Obviously would be good for you to achieve this, just pointing out the time / money / dedication you will need for building engine then maintaining it on both aspects of drags / daily. I do not know what ' numptiesrus' means so.. (Y).

My 2cents.. just being real.
    SOHC just kicked in YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    if i was to run e85 would i be able to run closer to 400hp stock sleeves but built

Member Array
    Car:
    Waiting on ride
    On E85 you will need to set up fuel system / fittings / seals for that... do not let it sit in tank or it will rust your tank out / corrode your lines.
    SOHC just kicked in YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    i will but are the gains worth the effort or im i better off on 98

Member Array
    Car:
    Waiting on ride
    probably 98 unless you can get e85 each.. or you can try avgas. depends how how big your budget is.. nom sayin?
    SOHC just kicked in YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Get E85, you're fine. You need MONTHS of E85 sitting in fuel tanks/lines to do damage. The only maintenance precaution I suggest on running E85 is cleaning injectors more often than usual to ensure you don't run into any problems which can cause severe damage. If you are daily driving the engine you won't have any problems regarding lines, pumps, tanks.

Don't get AVGAS..... you don't need it.
    Last edited by Chr1s; 03-04-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Waiting on ride
    Cleaning injectors if done ON CAR is not good for the car. If you put the shit in the tank then the crap from tank will be taken from bottom of tank into pump and lines then injectors and could cause blockages. Opt for OFF CAR injection clean and regular fuel filter changes if opting for higher octane fuel.

AVGAS is more readily available than E85. Well usually. Cannot comment on cost of AVGAS these days.

His question was will E85 give gains over 98oct. Yes it will but you will pay for it in petrol fees and regular maintenance.. there is always an offset price to pay.
    SOHC just kicked in YO!