Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I got caught driving on suspended licence a few months ago. Went court just explained to the judge how I need a licence for work since I work on cars then they gave me a 600 dollar fine and 1 month on top of my suspension. Didn't need lawyer

Just cop it. Don't wear a suit. And no hey didn't pull you over for a "random breath test". They knew u were suspended before they even pulled you over

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    I laugh when I hear people say "wear a suit to court" haha. Judge isnt going to give a shit how well dressed you are. You broke the law.

From my personal experience just look presentable. Nice button up shirt, no friday night on oxford st tight shit and dress pants. If you have a rat tail or a mullet cut it off.
    Judges get really mad when people violate suspensions. Kind of like saying "nah **** you Im not going to listen so you might as well give me a harsher punishment"

If you have some VALID arguing points like Mr-Pham mentioned used them.
    Traffic offenders program will help your case but it is a MAJOR PITA.

I got caught last week, but my suspension gets lifted on 10th January. Can I drive after this date? The court hearing is February

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '11 Euro CU2
    LOL uh, as if bother with a lawyer, if you agree with the cop on the night then most likely a guilty will help you. Pleading not guilty, well that's a whole different chapter.

Suit is overkill, semi formal or polo is good enough. I remember my mate court day when he got done for driving a turbo on suspended license, plead guilty, the prosecutor by my surprise asked for 6months jail. The judge gave him i think was under 5k fine, additional 3months suspension which got lifted in june and 100 hours of community service. The only down point especially for p plate which my mate cop was a repeat of his entire p-plate duration and can't drive a turbo or get his full-license till 2016 :/ gg

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Quote Originally Posted by bos1234 View Post
    I got caught last week, but my suspension gets lifted on 10th January. Can I drive after this date? The court hearing is February
    You can drive after that suspension has been lifted. The offences you committed will count on your next notice of suspension, which will be soon after anyway.

GG wear butt plug for protection
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

In the same boat as you. I lost the yellow court penalty notice they gave me. Can I go to the police station and get another one? Is this needed for court?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    How long were you suspended for? If it's your first time getting caught while suspended they'll add 1 year on top of your 3 month suspension.
    6 months is minimum if you got legitimate reason and get some legal aid to represent you. Depending on your job if it can help you out or not get a letter from your boss. The judge will ask why you were driving. Just admit it was stupid and plead guilty show him/her that you know you did wrong.

I've got worse lol. Suspended for no P plates. 3 months due to losing license + defected. After that pulled over at Penrith for RBT no license. Didn't defect me. Got one year for that. Then got pulled over by the same cop that defected me the first time with a fake license the cop recognised me. I tried pulling bullshit he called a HWP to do a facial recognition and owned me haha got 2 years on top.

Moral of story is I learned my lesson haha.

I was suspended for 3 months
    applied for good behaviour bond
    got caught - suspended for 6 months
    got caught

first time going to court..
    what u think? doesnt look good?

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    FML ppreciate your license everyone!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by bos1234 View Post
    I was suspended for 3 months
    applied for good behaviour bond
    got caught - suspended for 6 months
    got caught

first time going to court..
    what u think? doesnt look good?
    2 years on top of what you have right now is my best bet depending on the judge and minimum sentence. They'll take a look into your previous records, got any speeding fines or drink driving, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    FML ppreciate your license everyone!
    yep. This is a big lesson for me. Drive carefully everyone AND IF YOU DO GET SUSPENDED, DONT DRIVE!!!!! YOU WILL GET CAUGHT 100%. You'll get away 1month, 2 months but in the end the cops will get you..