Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EM1187 View Post
    2 years on top of what you have right now is my best bet depending on the judge and minimum sentence. They'll take a look into your previous records, got any speeding fines or drink driving, etc?
    my suspension ends on jan 10th 2013, I go to court in February.. so you reckon 2 years starting from february? That is huge.....
    Yes a couple of speeding fines, using mobile phone whilst driving. No drink driving

Quote Originally Posted by EM1187 View Post
    How long were you suspended for? If it's your first time getting caught while suspended they'll add 1 year on top of your 3 month suspension.
    6 months is minimum if you got legitimate reason and get some legal aid to represent you. Depending on your job if it can help you out or not get a letter from your boss. The judge will ask why you were driving. Just admit it was stupid and plead guilty show him/her that you know you did wrong.

I've got worse lol. Suspended for no P plates. 3 months due to losing license + defected. After that pulled over at Penrith for RBT no license. Didn't defect me. Got one year for that. Then got pulled over by the same cop that defected me the first time with a fake license the cop recognised me. I tried pulling bullshit he called a HWP to do a facial recognition and owned me haha got 2 years on top.

Moral of story is I learned my lesson haha.
    hey mate did you get a yellow penalty notice for you to attend court? Did you take that to the court house? I've lsot mine, would you know where I can go to get one?

Member Array
    Car:
    K20A EG5 civic
    so did you have a bond when you got caught?

Quote Originally Posted by Beechy View Post
    so did you have a bond when you got caught?
    what is that? bond?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Dumbass for driving while suspended. Let alone on double demerits.

For what it is worth, I have had 2 court appearences over the years, one was for Speed Dangerous to the public (got caught at over double the speed limit) and once for low range DUI. My record is atrocious which did'nt help.
    Court is all about respect, I believe in going in with the local lawyer. Wear a suit and have a new hair cut. The local lawyer will know the magistrate, and know what to expect. In both my court appearences we adjourned as the magistrate on duty that day was hardcore. We did better with a more moderate magistrate on another day.
    in my experience the money I spent on a lawyer was saved in lesser fines and my suspension period was half what I expected.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18C7
    WOW bro your screwed . sell your car , dont worry about a lawyer , get ready to forkout money and NO way youll have your license.
    " MY VTECC GOES BWAHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHH BWA BWA BWAAHHHHHHH "

yes what joey said. you'll still be in a honda by the time all your mates driving turbos.

if u have a shit car, sell it to pay for fine
    if u have a pride and joy, save up for goodies to put on it.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Im serving the a similar sentence. It all depands what and how u acted towards the popo that did u over.
    I wouldnt reccomend a lawyer. Just cop that 1 year. the fine is like 2k. Take the 1 year sentence. Defend yourself on the fine. Say you got responsibilities and wat not family commitments. Get 3 very good referrals from public servants if you know any, aka teachers or wat not.
    You can try to to go to ToIP at PCYC, could help ur case. But dont expect too much. Open with the apeal to section 10, will get regretted and fight the fine.
    1 year and 2k fine. Argue the fine not the 1 year off the road.

My lawyer told me if i wasnt so honest with the popo, I couldve got away wit it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18C7
    All honesty man, its hard to get away with that sort of stuff especially because you've been a repeat offender so the judge/prosecutor will only see one thing.

that is, that you willingly did it and you willingly put people lives on the road at risk of injury or death.

My mate got caught street racing, yes it was put down as street racing by the witnessing cop.. he paid big money for his lawyer and also had to pay court fees.

In the end, he still had to serve one year on top of the time he was waiting for his case to go on trial.

Go figure, all that and still cop a year. its pretty hard to contest depending on your situation and record. Best of luck dude, lol ..

A work mate got his license disaqualified for 3 years and his parents paid 20k for a lawyer. he was going to serve jail time but got that 3 years no license and 260 hours community service.

No license, under the influence, no rego and led a police chase LOOL JESUS people. A license is a privilege, lets all respect it.
    " MY VTECC GOES BWAHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHH BWA BWA BWAAHHHHHHH "

Could pull the whole family is dysfunctional/alcohol/drugs/part-aboriginal to get a slap on the wrist?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    guys i was speeding while drunk in a heeps turbo, unregistered, defected and upsidedown car while in the company of stripper/prostitue midgets(not sure cause popo stoped me), think ill get in trouble?
    why do popo try to f**k up my good time? also i had to pay for the whores up front will this count towards my fines?

im sorry but obviously there are some of you whose judgement is soooo poor that perhaps a year or 5 on the bus will do you some good, seriously ive seen enough dumb sh!ts killed to know this aint no game son.
    Last edited by Daveho1; 01-01-2013 at 05:22 AM.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02