Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2

Noisy after tyre rotation

I've just rotated my tyres for the first time since buying my 2012 Euro earlier this year.

It's just clicked over 10,000ks and has the standard Yokohama E70 decibel tyres.

As soon as I took it for a spin after rotating the tyres I've noticed there's a lot more road noise now.

Is this common after rotating the tyres? I looked everywhere on the tyres for any indication they were directional and couldn't find any. I'm assuming there would be some sign if they were.

Any ideas on why all of a sudden I would have more road noise?

I thought CU2s had michelins as stock, least it does on mine.

The stock tyres aren't directional, the added noise is probably just due to the tyres being worn in as the front tyres wear quicker than the rears in a FWD.

Check your wheel nuts too and make sure they are tightened properly, although if these was loose nuts it would be quite distinct.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Thanks for the response. Nuts are fine. Might give it a few more ks and hopefully they'll quieten down.

interesting re the different brand of stock tyres. What year is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Pisco View Post
    Thanks for the response. Nuts are fine. Might give it a few more ks and hopefully they'll quieten down.

interesting re the different brand of stock tyres. What year is yours?
    Late 2008 build compiled in 2009. My only guess is that the face lift has different tyres.

Also did you just swap the back with the fronts, or you followed the one which was prescribed in the manual which is something like rear passenger to front driver etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Luxury models with 18's us Michelin, Base model with 17's use yokohama decibels

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    Also did you just swap the back with the fronts, or you followed the one which was prescribed in the manual which is something like rear passenger to front driver etc.
    Followed the instructions outlined in the manual for the five-tyre rotation.

Buddah51au, aaah, mine is the base model, so that would explain the Yokohamas, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisco View Post
    Followed the instructions outlined in the manual for the five-tyre rotation.

Buddah51au, aaah, mine is the base model, so that would explain the Yokohamas, cheers.
    The issue may be that one wheel is gaining more traction than the other, generally the fronts wear evenly and the rears wear evenly.

Try and put the original fronts on the rears and the original rears on the front.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    generally the fronts wear evenly and the rears wear evenly.
    what?
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Are they directional tyres and if so you might have mounted them backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    what?
    Let me rephrase, the driver front and passenger front tyre will wear the same, say if you had them on since new and you'd done 1/3 of their life it they would be on ~70%. The driver rear and the passenger rear will wear the same however on a fwd they would wear less so they might be on ~80% or 85%. If that's a better explanation LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    Are they directional tyres and if so you might have mounted them backwards.
    He is running stock tyres, they aren't directional

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    I get what you mean now lol
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

The tread has worn to a particular pattern and direction, then you are running them in reverse. Swap the tyres front to back and back to front on the same side, rather than a X formation. The standard pressures are design for comfort, with tyre wear as a compromise.