Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Opinions on this FD2?

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/?R=13846371

I am trying to gather some impressions on this car before going to inspect it for my friend. It seems relatively cheap for a FD2 with low KMs and going through the photos, I have spotted some flaws of the car already.

1. The leather of the driver's seat looks completely worn especially the bolster. Passenger side starting to show signs.
    2. Mark on the driver side side skirt - reflection?
    3. Mark on the right hand side of the rear bumper.
    4. Rear end is different shade of grey in photo 10 and 11.

Do you guys agree with these issues? Or if you could point out any other issues, that would be appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    i would suggest looking at it in person, you wont know till you see it for yourself.
    as for the body, just check it in person you'll know better.

check on REVS or get a report from the RTA(which includes a small fee) which gives you the whole detail of the car history.

hope this helps

Automatic lmao

Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive
    thats a pretty good price for an FD2 and with low kms for a 2006 model... u gotta check it out in person, see if any accidents have happened on REVS or any damage seen in person

Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    Automatic lmao
    Something wrong with automatic?

Dw, general perception is automatic = failmatic but if you're only intentions are to daily drive it and cruise around in traffic then who cares
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 28-12-2012 at 07:54 PM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by leetie123 View Post
    Something wrong with automatic?
    Nah, nothing wrong with an automatic, more fuel efficient, don't have to worry about anything bar accelerate and brake.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    more fuel efficient

From what i have seen autos, there fuel efficiency is a little less due to the torque converter.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fd1, Ge
    Looks like rear bumper has been respray. Look at different color tone with the boot n body panel. Accident before? Does it affect the rear sensor? Friend of mine always have problem with the rear sensor after a small accident.
    Last edited by pacogun; 30-12-2012 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    From what i have seen autos, there fuel efficiency is a little less due to the torque converter.
    The newer automatics are more efficient than the old autos, not to mention they've added more gears than previous, nowadays a 5spd or 6spd Auto is not uncommon, 4spd Auto are things of the past.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Finally on a computer, so I can actually see it better.

Worth considering, as its done under 70,000KM, log books and service history is there. Has the OEM floor mats which are a plus and OEM mud guards.

Tinting doesn't look that dark, personally that could be a 50/50 for me, considering its been on the road for 6 years, that rear bumper definitely looks a bit different as far as the colour goes, but it could be the angle as in picture seven it looks the same.

If you do check it out, definitely do a REVs check, this is one thing I can't stress enough also do a close inspection on these parts for general scratches and neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by pacogun View Post
    Looks like rear bumper has been respray. Look at different color tone with the boot n body panel. Accident before? Does it affect the rear sensor? Friend of mine always have problem with the rear sensor after a small accident.
    As far as im aware, all 2006 silver moss civics have a different rear bumper colour. I too have an 06 silver moss which came with a diff colour bumper and was told thats how it was manufactured. I repsrayed mine so its all one colour now.