Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Gli civic

Can someone give me an opinion if my EK Civic will be deemed a Write Off?

unfortunetely I had a rear ender on xmas day and it was towed away.

I took a photo on my phone of the damage and as you can see its mostly the front right bumper along with the front right side. Also the radiator was damaged too so that would likely need to be replaced.

Now given its insured at market value which is prob no more than $3-4K do you believe the insurance company will repair it or make it a write off?

I ask this because I really want my civic back!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	23605  

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6
    If the airbag didn't go off then I would guess it would be a repairable write off. But can only tell so much with pictures.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Sorry man
    it appears it is a write-off
    As your fender, fron light, grill, bonnet, bumper and radiator support frame are all damaged
    If the cost to repair the car is 50-60% of what it's worth - then its a repairable write off
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    I reckon it repairable write off

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Could be both
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Gli civic
    thanks for the feedback guys I guess I will have to wait and see what the NRMA assessor says. cant be looked at until next wednesday given the public holidays.

What would you all think current market value would be?

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    4-4.5k?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Close call IMO, depends on who you get the repair quotes from and what's hiding behind the bumpers.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by spuderump View Post
    thanks for the feedback guys I guess I will have to wait and see what the NRMA assessor says. cant be looked at until next wednesday given the public holidays.

What would you all think current market value would be?
    I've found NRMA to choose you the cheapest, crappiest repairers. They literally auction off your job to the cheapest shop.

Here's the value: http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/resea...&Ridx=4&eapi=2
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Well im sure under the new scheme even if its deemed a write off you can buy it back (at wreck price) and repair it yourself. If you dont take that offer though the car cannot ever be registered on the road again.
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    I agree - likely to be a write off in the eyes of insurance especially since its value is quite low - 3-4k. Had a previous fender bender with an accord valued @ 6k, damage more or less quite similar to yours and that was a write off. You could always buy it back if you really want to keep it. I'm not sure how this would affect it on REVS check in case you are considering to resell later on - would assume it would report it was a write off, whether it states further details I wouldn't know - hopefully someone else can enlighten you on that one, or you could ask them yourself. gluck