www.bigcreativa.com.au Array
    Car:
    1998 EK9

OBD2A Harness question

Hey guys,

Are the OBD2A harnesses the same in EK4/9's and DC2r's? Looking for an OBD2A harness for EK and unsure if there are any differences.

Thanks!
    My Honda - Civic Type R EK9
    My Daily - 2011 Mazda MPS

im fairly sure ek4/9's use a single harness from engine to ECU, as opposed to EG's and DC2's which use a two piece setup

I think it says in here half way down.
    http://technet.ff-squad.com/hybrid.92-95.obd2.htm

Car:
    1998 EK9
    Thanks! I'll have a read

Correct caljones.

EK uses a different wiring setup to EG/DC2.

You'll also find minor differences between an Aus spec EK4 harness and an EK9 harness

Car:
    1998 EK9
    Here is my situation;

I own a genuine 1998 EK9, B16B fitted obviously. Previously extended my stock harness for a wire tuck. Looked great however, I've returned my car to stock so I wanted to fit a stock harness. Stupid me I fitted an OBD2B harness and I'm one plug short to fit in my stock ecu.

What are my options? I've been told that the jumper connectors won't work and that I can only fit a OBD2A EK4/9 harness. Is this true?

Correct. The 99-00 OBD2b (EK9/EM1) harness is again, another concoction that changes the whole dash & engine harness setup to the ECU. One of the ECU plugs are integrated into the dash harness..

You can't use an OBD2b > OBD2a jumper harness because you don't have the 3rd OBD2b plug in your dash harness. That jumper only suits 99-00 model cars

98 EK9 harness is your best option. EK4 harness is next best option, but will still need a bit of fiddling to get right. Off the top of my head the differences are, Alternator plug (JDM has ELD), IAT location different, P/S pressure sensor (not found in AUDM)...

Can't you just return your "tucked" harness back to stock

Car:
    1998 EK9
    I could (last resort I guess), I just felt better fitting a new unmodified harness.

I'm just like that when it comes to wires. How about a '00 EK9 ecu?

Still wouldn't work.. '00 EK9 ECU is OBD2b which requires the 99-00 dash harness setup

EK4 harnesses are stupid hard to find (or extremely overpriced) so I would just untuck your stock harness

Car:
    1998 EK9
    Ok thanks! How much is my OBD2B harness worth these days. When I pull it out I will sell it