Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    250kw maybe a bit too high, but they need at least 210kw to make it special. I'm not saying put a V6 in there, but there should be various other mods that Honda can implement to increase the power. Don't forget that the F20 is over a decade old. There are tons of aftermarket parts for it and heaps have been put into R&D. Considering they are charging $80k for a 14 year old car, they should either drop the price dramatically, or do something about it to justify it having such a high price tag. A BMW Z4 can be had for the same price, and it's easily more luxurious and faster in the straight line. Not to mention 250kw can be achieved atw for a k24 powered CL9 with $15k worth of parts, I would say the F20 should easily break the 200kw barrier.
    F20C is nothing like the K, the best Mod to a S2k is to put a K in it. serious, else you'll need to look at forced induction.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Did anyone spot a tube & fin black intercooler in the concept photo?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Bar and plate
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Nice that it is coming back but the chrome in the front and on the window trim is to much.

If they are going to bring them back , will the be priced at the same level as the prvious gens or there are going to be huge reduction in pricing.

I am tossing up between a used s2k Ap2 or the new Gts86.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by osman1 View Post
    If they are going to bring them back , will the be priced at the same level as the prvious gens or there are going to be huge reduction in pricing.

Maan if I had enough for a GT86, I'd buy it, then tarbo. But thinking about it, I'd imagine with S2000's being at least 5 or so years old (?) they would be cheaper than a GT86 by now?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    Maan if I had enough for a GT86, I'd buy it, then tarbo. But thinking about it, I'd imagine with S2000's being at least 5 or so years old (?) they would be cheaper than a GT86 by now?
    The s2000 is just a different car all together, I just like it how they are just so rare these days. The 86 is the next s15. everyone will be driving it and ricing it up.

Although I must admit, the handling and driving experince was better in the 86 but the s2000 had more grunt and very similar weight distribution.

Would love to have them both in the garage though.

To me this looked like an April Fool's joke.

To have an S2000 on sale again would be outstanding, I'd love to see them on sale again and in production.

In terms of a design exercise, the flaws seem too prominent.
    1: 8500rpm - would that engine pass emissions test? Even in the US?
    2: Why keep 10 year old headlights with orange indicators on it? Updating these would add life the car and sales and just require looking in the parts bin and modifying the plastic to fit the slot.
    3: Why keep 10 year old tail lights on it? Updating these would add life the car and sales and just require looking in the parts bin and modifying the plastic to fit the slot. of course these should be LEDs by now.

I reckon the next civic type-r should be the next s15/wrx. Expectation is for it to be the fastest ever front driver around the 'ring, 200kw+ and turbo.
    Last edited by Holy Frog; 30-05-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    7500rpm in 2012 K24Z3

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I don't see why an 8500RPM engine wouldn't pass emissions..

there's no reason for it to be tuned rich from the factory when it doesn't have any kind of forced induction. The RPM's shouldn't make a difference really. There are other modern cars that rev that high also.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Quote Originally Posted by osman1 View Post
    Please take a look at this recent comparo video of 86/BRZ/FRS vs RX8 vs S2000
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jImHTWfj8aM

Although comparisons are always subjective, its a unanimous result for one car.

I don't see why an 8500RPM engine wouldn't pass emissions...
    Yeah, that's true. I know the publicly released rationale for killing the last CIVIC Type-r was its failure to pass the next generation European emissions regulations - somehow.
    I guess I'm working off my own assumption that we wont be seeing 2.0-2.4l fours revving much past 7500 from Honda in the future.
    7500rpm in 2012 K24Z3

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro
    Hi guys, I'm new to the forums and this is my first post. Anyway, I once considered buying a S2000, but the interior was too cramped for me (I'm over 6 feet). This is great news, but really disappointing at the same time as Honda won't be making a brand new, whole hearted roadster any time soon. I can't wait for the Civic Type R though, saw a YouTube clip and heard those 4 exhausts roaring round the 'Ring, pretty sweet noise! Anyone else here wish Honda would make a Honda Jazz Type S, just whack a supercharger on the regular engine, stiffen the springs, add some BA bodykit and make it harsh as H**L! Manual only of course, anyone else?

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    I don't see why an 8500RPM engine wouldn't pass emissions..

there's no reason for it to be tuned rich from the factory when it doesn't have any kind of forced induction. The RPM's shouldn't make a difference really. There are other modern cars that rev that high also.
    lol so true.
    if ferrari 458 can pass it.
    why cant s2000 pass the test at 8500rpm.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....