Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Hhhhmmm some interesting feedback re the R1R's ! I''ve tried to get them a few times from Taleb/st George tyres and but they never seem to have my size in stock when I need em. As to older tyres being fine well I'd say if you knew how they were stored then got for it ! personally I had a 4 year old brand new Slick tyre delaminate exiting turn 1 at Eastern creek just last month, so I wont personally ever go that way again.

Now RSR's I'm onto my 3rd set presently, whats not to like. I've probably done 8 trackdays on em, even a full Wet day at the Creek (non stop rain), where the RSRs gave me the confidence rounding up ever car in my group, yes they work in the wet. They also get up to temp on the track very quickly and usually give there best time in the first 3 laps, they then go off 0.5sec which only comes back the next session.

My Last 2 sets gave me atleast 3 trackdays each and about 30,000km on the road. I've also tried Hankook RS3 on the track and road and whilst they are even quicker on the track, they are noisier and dont come up to temps as quickly (also expensive) . RSR's are a great tyre that can handle everything from Drifting, track work and DDriving, they do have stiff side wall but the contact patch is softer and quieter than most other performance tyres. I've just recently changed over to Toyo R888 for the track and I've found these are about 0.7 sec quicker than the RSR's. I dont believe you'd find much diff between the RSR's and the R1Rperformance wise so I personally so get what evers suits. I stretch RSR 205/50/16 onto 16x8 Enkei's.

Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    Yes I said the R1R is on another level compared to the Proxes 4 and KU31. I was trying to pass on my experiences and what I've tried.
    I understood, I was just saying and confirming what you said that they shouldn't be compared to each other.
    Thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    I've used the R1R's on the track also. I'd use it any day over the Federals.

One thing Im not a fan of is the Federals are made substantially wider than their stated size ;/
    Have you used the RS-R tires?
    I've also read that they run wide for their size. Do you know by how much?

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    An RS-R that is stamped 255 is actually more of a 275, as i remember seeing A050 255 on a 9in rim next to RS-R on a 9in rim (both for Evo) if that helps
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8