Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ants

Ants

So since my car sits around and never gets driven, my local ants have decided it's a permanent feature and have made it their home.

Even now that I'm driving it they don't seem too fussed. They go into hiding when the car is actually being driven, then when it's parked, they swarm all over the outside of it. As you can imagine, it's a great look

Any ideas on how to get rid of them? I can't find the nest and don't particularly want to spray the whole outside of my car with poison. A bit of vtec doesn't seem to bother them either

All suggestions welcome!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Antrid poison in beer bottle caps around all your tyres. They'll eat it and communicate it to the rest of the nest.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    hahaha perfect useage ^

As above,Antrid liquid is the most effective I have used,worked very well

Thanks fellas, will pick some up today.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Please report back once you've treated your car

i used those ant rid bait plastic things. they worked well, i just put them in and around my car
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Not much luck so far. They seem to be ignoring it. Don't know what's wrong with these ants - this shit smells so good I'm tempted to get stuck in myself haha. I've got it in caps behind each wheel like Dougie suggested. I think it's drying out fairly quickly so that's probably not helping.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    If they're in the car maybe leave some where the ants are running in lines and just vacuum up the bastards later lol

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Can you trace where they are living/building the nest?

Is it inside or outside the car?

Id give the thing a good hose down, all over outside, in the wheel arches, engine bay etc etc, then park it and let it dry, and see where they come from.

Once you know, you can fix the problem.
    to see all of my build, checkout

I haven't been able to thus far. Probably somewhere outside as I haven't noticed them inside yet. Will give it a really good hose like you suggested and see if I can pinpoint their home.

Banned Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    i used to have this problem...

i stripped the whole car and found it was near the fuel tank... gave it a clean... but then i didnt know how to put everything back on so I sold my civic.

hope that helps bud