Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R

GD3 The WEAK Build.

Hi Guys,

As my previous post in regards to 'doing up' my missus GD3. So after doing my head in and finding the required parts and so on. Finally Have started Make Progress. The last tread got outer hand and off topic Reason for making a new one.

So my missus finally got her red P's last year, So we started to look at some what mordern Hatch Backs. She liked the Jazz GD. We found a great one with only 63xxxKMs at Tom Kerr Dealership. So we put down out deposit and withdrew the savings and away we went. As all Female Asian P platers she had a little fender bender battle in the carpark and Auto Car wash at Shell servo.

Lucky as we could get there were no real structural damage to the car just small dents on the door from the car wash and 3 holes in the tow hook cover from god knows what.

Anyways few plans. Face lift and new paint job. Sound system with reversing camera and GPS. Intake and Exhaust, and Maintain a Clean car.

Few Pics;

After the problems

Upclose

Starting Facelift

Still Looking for parts.
    Last edited by amant02; 22-03-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Few Pics;

After the problems

Upclose

In progress of facelift

Still doing it lol.
    too much pix
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Err its been a while since i have done HTML. Fix'ed.

Mugen Wing and Mugen front Upper Grille Just arrived from Japan.

Was thinking of spraying both black.... or wing black and grille colour matched.

Also the tow hook cover and the 2 side bottom grille ordered from Honda eta Monday YAY!

Member Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    looks good man

surprised you found the parts for a facelift. fair few things need to be changed.

sucks about the accidents but its gotta happen sometime.

got any plans for rims/sussy?

what intake do you plan on?

S P A M|W O R K S

Like A Sir

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by gre03 View Post
    sucks about the accidents but its ayshun women for you
    troof

execpt my missus smashes my subframe more then she smashes hers, even though her car is lower then mine??
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Saw these supercompact for sale in VIC for $700 was thinking about them and rebuilding it once i have it here in syd. If anything for a daily warrior Koni Yellows on eibach springs. For rims we kinda got new ones refer to pic, but its not doing it for me atm. Lets see how light the pocket feels after the sound system is done.

I hvnt really decided on the exhaust and intake. I really like the Injen Intake (but then she thinks its fun driving in puddles). I also like the Mugen Double Sliencer

Yes it was hard to find the parts for the facelift took over 2 months to get it together and its still not completed awaiting the smaller parts to delievered. Then spray and make it look complete.

Member Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    got my simota SRI in VIC for 115

puddle-friendly

S P A M|W O R K S

Like A Sir

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Saw these supercompact for sale in VIC for $700 was thinking about them and rebuilding it once i have it here in syd. If anything for a daily warrior Koni Yellows on eibach springs. For rims we kinda got new ones refer to pic, but its not doing it for me atm. Lets see how light the pocket feels after the sound system is done.

I hvnt really decided on the exhaust and intake. I really like the Injen Intake (but then she thinks its fun driving in puddles). I also like the Mugen Double Sliencer

Yes it was hard to find the parts for the facelift took over 2 months to get it together and its still not completed awaiting the smaller parts to delievered. Then spray and make it look complete.
    dont get rims if she likes puddles, she might find a new found love for curbs
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Man ive been looking for a facelift FBar but havent had luck.. Though a mate of mine told me that he can get an genuine oem facelift bar unpainted for $500.. With the foglight covers/inserts .. (Just reuse the existing foglight lamp/housing on me VTiS.

The mugen rear wing looks too plain like any other rear wings.. I prefer the vtis oem wing ftw!

My GD3 currently has a complete mugen kit rep.. The grill needs tlc.. But i prefer the v2 mugen Fbar.

OP your right parts are hard to come by.. A dude on gumtree is selling kings springs and or D2 racing coilovers. (Same seller)...

The stereo or HU was a bitch to remove and replace.. (DYI).. And i installed MB Quartz front 6.5inch splits at the fronts ..but it requires door frame trimming and a 25mm spacer to fit nice and neat..

From the preface look.. Looks like a standard 1.3L?? The vtis oem sussy is firmer than the 1.3L..

And most ppl do is swap the facelift LED tail lights around.. Not me.. Im using the same as yours but double contacts..

The only mod ive done is changed to extractors only and already noticed a nice power curve and actually feel the vtak kik in yo!! Lol

My intake is still oem box but retro modified..and other undisclosed basic mods Have spooked B16's and other VTiS complete IHE a run for their money (safe controlled environments)

Let us know how u go with the progress of your modding adventure...
    RB1-ODC

i think the holes were because the person couldn't figure out to take out the tow bar cover so they drilled a few holes to pry with.

Member Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage King View Post
    Man ive been looking for a facelift FBar but havent had luck.. Though a mate of mine told me that he can get an genuine oem facelift bar unpainted for $500.. With the foglight covers/inserts .. (Just reuse the existing foglight lamp/housing on me VTiS.

The mugen rear wing looks too plain like any other rear wings.. I prefer the vtis oem wing ftw!

My GD3 currently has a complete mugen kit rep.. The grill needs tlc.. But i prefer the v2 mugen Fbar.

OP your right parts are hard to come by.. A dude on gumtree is selling kings springs and or D2 racing coilovers. (Same seller)...

The stereo or HU was a bitch to remove and replace.. (DYI).. And i installed MB Quartz front 6.5inch splits at the fronts ..but it requires door frame trimming and a 25mm spacer to fit nice and neat..

From the preface look.. Looks like a standard 1.3L?? The vtis oem sussy is firmer than the 1.3L..

And most ppl do is swap the facelift LED tail lights around.. Not me.. Im using the same as yours but double contacts..

The only mod ive done is changed to extractors only and already noticed a nice power curve and actually feel the vtak kik in yo!! Lol

My intake is still oem box but retro modified..and other undisclosed basic mods Have spooked B16's and other VTiS complete IHE a run for their money (safe controlled environments)

Let us know how u go with the progress of your modding adventure...
    got a build thread of ur jazz or pics?

S P A M|W O R K S

Like A Sir

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    i think the holes were because the person couldn't figure out to take out the tow bar cover so they drilled a few holes to pry with.
    I'm so scared to leave the car in carparks now lolol.

I'm getting the LED rears. Saw some flim things that you can buy to put on them to make it look smokey. That will be done when we take wing and upper grill to be sprayed,

Rage king - If your looking for the front I know a guy that will do $175 for the front bar and i think $150 for the foglight kit includes everything u need to get it working. PM me. Also this car is the VTi 2001 model (the very 1st one) its got a 1.5L blue dot.

EDIT: oh and its all oem. Im not taking any shortcuts lol. look at that fitment its perfect. I even replaced the 2 passenger doors due to the smallest dent.
    Last edited by amant02; 23-03-2013 at 12:31 AM.