Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manonastick View Post
    FN2R is properly one of the faster chassis out there using a k20z despite using a inferior mac strut at front and torsion beam axle at the rear + the weight of it. Im guessing when clarkson tested it back then it was the model without the lsd and the ep3r had lsd which isnt a fair fight. To be honest i think the k20z wise has more potential then the k20a i remember reading something about the k20z using has more restrictions in exhaust area due to it being a newer engine. If you watch one of the best motoring vids the FN2R if modded correct will keep up to fd2r that are tune to similar levels. The spoon fn2r was only few place behind the Spoon EK9 which we all know is the fastest k20 machine .
    The ep3r is a great car but i wouldnt say the fn2r isnt comparable as you get a much better interior + smooth ride for lil lack in performance.
    The fn2r owns my s2k cause it has 4 and i repeat it again "4" cup holders which makes me jelly as :C
    If you can afford the 09 models get them as im sure it was then that they came with LSD standard and is much better car to drive
    good luck mann
    the ep3 they tested is the ukdm one which m,eans no LSD so it IS fair.

when you guys compare this, you gotta remember which ep3 your talking about.

when referring to TOp Gear episodes, remember they were testing the UKDm version, 147kw k20a2 no LSD, no champ white, no factory HIDs, pretty much just a corolla sportivo with a Honda badge.

most ep3r in aus if not all have the 158kw JDM k20a, with LSD and shorter 4th, 5th and 6th gear ratios

On topic, if your mentality is "im getting old", none of the cars mentioned here apart form the euro is gonna suit your needs.

get an accord euro, make some babies enjoy the rest of your life.

gl with purchase
    Last edited by butterfingers; 09-01-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz+Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    FN2R - What to look for? A DC5R
    Do some of you guys know how to read??

The Euro's are nice but would like something a bit sportier plus I like the interior better on the FN2.
    Last edited by DVS-00R; 09-01-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    nah get an NSX, just kidding.

get what you want.

inb4 nsx vs fn2r vs ep3r

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Do RVR's get lots of attention?

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by DVS-00R View Post

The Euro's are nice but would like something a bit sportier plus I like the interior better on the FN2.
    Most threads on here end up this way whenever "type r" is mentioned....

neverending debate over which is best...

Best you can do is study the tech specs and research known problems

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Get a Euro 'sport' lol?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Fn2r's are just crap

That's as far as the discussion should go

Daily or weekender

Why waste the money

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by DVS-00R View Post

I no how to read. i just think the FN2R is very average. especially compared to the Dc2R, Dc5R and Ep3R. My opinion The Fn2R Doesn't stand up to the name and shouldn't be named a Type R.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    I just bought an FN2R, go with what your budget is willing to buy, the newer the better and if LSD is what you want then get the 09+.

Just so you know alot of the FN2R on car sales that are on the lower prices scale are mostly written off, i know because i went and saw most of the cars and did the PPSR

Some tips:

1. Check if the dash rattles when driving ( bumps, humps etc )
    2. Check the DIF when turning to hear if its making a noise
    3. Check the wing mirrors and ensure they still fold

EDIT: post i looked at as well > http://www.civinfo.com/forum/type-r/...p-edition.html

Also if you care about mileage, on a full tank of 98, i get about 460-480 a tank before it starts beeping, and thats not highway KM's.
    Last edited by XP02ED; 10-01-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    FN2R isnt the best type R honda can offer. depends on what you are after. he did mention he likes the interior, which i believe FN2R has the best interior out of dc2r, dc5r, ep3r and fn2r.

honda UK lost the idea of type R, which is shame.

Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    I no how to read. i just think the FN2R is very average. especially compared to the Dc2R, Dc5R and Ep3R. My opinion The Fn2R Doesn't stand up to the name and shouldn't be named a Type R.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    i dont think the OP would take this new car to track, would you think having the LSD benifit for daily street use?
    Quote Originally Posted by XP02ED View Post
    I just bought an FN2R, go with what your budget is willing to buy, the newer the better and if LSD is what you want then get the 09+.

Just so you know alot of the FN2R on car sales that are on the lower prices scale are mostly written off, i know because i went and saw most of the cars and did the PPSR

Some tips:

1. Check if the dash rattles when driving ( bumps, humps etc )
    2. Check the DIF when turning to hear if its making a noise
    3. Check the wing mirrors and ensure they still fold
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....