Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R

VTI-S Conversion.

Hey Guys,

I'm currently doing an VTI-S converison on my missus jazz.

My pannel beater has the following.

Front Bar, Side skirts and Spoiler.

From my research standing on the corner of parramatta road. I have noticed the following;

I need Tail Lights, antenna, fog lights and rims which I have found.

From the Net;

Leather steering wheel. Dont have this yet..kinda worried to this one at home since the Vtec button is located here lol.

Is there anything else that i could be missing to make this complete.

Also i have noticed that the antenna is at the back instead of the front. I'm hoping it will fit in the same hole and it wont lessen the quality of radio signal as we love the talk shows.
    Last edited by amant02; 08-01-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    FYI its a VTi

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm currently doing an VTI-S converison on my missus jazz.

My pannel beater has the following.

Front Bar, Side skirts and Spoiler.

From my research standing on the corner of parramatta road. I have noticed the following;

I need Tail Lights, antenna, fog lights and rims which I have found.

From the Net;

Leather steering wheel. Dont have this yet..kinda worried to this one at home since the Vtec button is located here lol.

Is there anything else that i could be missing to make this complete.

Also i have noticed that the antenna is at the back instead of the front. I'm hoping it will fit in the same hole and it wont lessen the quality of radio signal as we love the talk shows.

dat vtec button

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    'Jazz' emblem with a black dot instead of blue?

Peefacelift has antenna on front and face lift has antenna on the back, you should get the face lift side mirrors too as they have indicators

not sure if anyone noticed this but here goes... with the facelift GD models, the instrument cluster has "jazz" on the tachometer. As mine is a VTi-s, the dot on the "J" lights up in blue. Should be the same for VTi models? Please confirm this. Wondering if the GLi models has the dot litted up in red?

also found this:

"Vti-s turning circle is 9.8m, Vti turning circle is 9.4m"

Steering rack is different for both models

Quote Originally Posted by blommer View Post
    not sure if anyone noticed this but here goes... with the facelift GD models, the instrument cluster has "jazz" on the tachometer. As mine is a VTi-s, the dot on the "J" lights up in blue. Should be the same for VTi models? Please confirm this. Wondering if the GLi models has the dot litted up in red?
    Correct, the cluster is white on pre facelift and darker greyish black on the facelift

also found this:

"Vti-s turning circle is 9.8m, Vti turning circle is 9.4m"

Steering rack is different for both models
    I'm not too sure about this, is it pre/facelift? As far as I know all internals of the VTI/VTIS is the same other than kit. Perhaps it's because the VTIS came with 15" alloys and the VTI came with 14" steelies

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    also, the VTi pre facelift can be VTiS with just lips and skirt, the facelift model employs new bumpers (F+R).
    Wheels ofcourse are VTiS only but just get aftermarket ones.

VTiS doesnt necessarily have Leather Trim. i had a VTi with leather trim, its was just a standard steering wheel with leather cover stitched over it. the leather didnt last long, cracked after about 5 yrs. leather trim also includes shifter too i believe.

Member Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz

pretty sure the blue J dot isn't standard on any models. would be a nice mod though

S P A M|W O R K S

Like A Sir

Quote Originally Posted by gre03 View Post
    pretty sure the blue J dot isn't standard on any models. would be a nice mod though
    Yes 1.3L = Red dot

1.5L = Blue dot