Thread: ed3/6 wiring

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan

ed3/6 wiring

Yo, cant seem to find a carby audm ed3/6 wiring diagram anywhere.

anyone got sources?

cheers
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    ive got a Honda Civic 1988 - 1990 Workshop Manual, i think that might cover ed's, can link you to the download site if you wanna check it out, has some wiring diagrams at the end of it
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    is it aussie? ive got a shed load of service manuals and wiring diagrams, but theyre all usdm.

what i really just need is the diagram that tells me what each of the wires in the engine bay to cabin connector are.

the flat brown one that goes at a 90 degree angle, top left of that pic. i need to know what the colours are in an aussie spec carby

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    what do you actually wanna know?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    its got rhd sections(should be same as AU) but seems to mostly cover fuel injected engines, can pm you the site and login if you wanna look yourself but from a quick look i dont think it has what you need sorry.

if you already have the harness you can trace the wires by colour and check with a multimeter if you cant find a diagram.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    what do you actually wanna know?
    wot m8?

Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post

what i really just need is the diagram that tells me what each of the wires in the engine bay to cabin connector are.

Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post

if you already have the harness you can trace the wires by colour and check with a multimeter if you cant find a diagram.
    yeah, harness is out of the car, but its tracing it it back to the fusebox, and i'll be fcuked if i wanna pull that apart lol.

Its where the cabin loom connects to the engine loom, itll have wires for shiz like alternator, sensors etc. i need to figure out what each wire in the carby interior loom does, so i can figure our what i need to re-pin to get it to plug into my efi engine loom.
    Last edited by trism; 15-01-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    oh, well what adam said would be your best bet if cant find any proper manual i guess.
    usually wire color may differ but would function the same as USDM manual as per pinout locations.

this is true for EG civics as well, different wire color to USDM manual but once traced back to ECU/sensor they are correct.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    yeah for sure.

But i cant even find a pinout for a usdm car lol.

All the pinouts are for ecu only, or a fusebox diagram, not a pinout.

pretty annoying.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    donest seem to be much info on what your looking for sorry, you could try pming this guy and see if he has the carby service manual as hes posted up a section of it here so he may have it if your lucky. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...=1#post2933544

If you just trying to work out what goes from the engine loom to the cabin loom IIRC most/if not all of those wires go to the cluster so if you used a cluster pin out to get the info then match the wiring colours at the plug and check with a multimeter then wire in the corresponding sensor from the efi loom.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Good idea mang, PM sent.

As for the cluster, ill give it a go.

rom memory theres only like 8 wires in that plug, and at least 4 of them are from the alternator/voltage reg, so that only leaves 4.

But i need to make sure that the pin locations are the same, so that i dont go plugging the voltage reg wire into the map sensor wire or something silly lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    So it seems like the plug is the same between the efi engine loom and cabin harness.

Its pretty much just starter solenoid from ignition switch, and stuff for cluster, warning lights, tacho etc