Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo s2000
    What rates do you run on yours connorling?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Welcome.

Your skyline had a RB26 right?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    @ xiao: no trackdays yet - mainly due to lack of time really. Haven't been on a s2k cruise yet just been too busy since i got the car .

and yeah i had read that shootout article before was definitely a good read. It is what got me thinking about the KW V3's. However I have heard extremely good things about Ohlins DFV... but they are of course at a premium price.

@ curtis: yeah HSDs are so damn stiff i feel like shits gonna break in my car everytime theres a dodgy road. I don't mind a stiff ride, in fact i'd much rather it than soft but these HSDs are taking stiff to a whole new level lol

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    i love stiff

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    LOL! i just had to.. i had BC BRs. don't know what the standard spring rates for them were, but i had em on full stiff and still loved the ride.. went around mountain runs and handled beautiful. never put it on track, so don't know about track performance, but the new owner has tracked it and gotten very good times.. i think they were good bang for buck really, where the car is street-ed and tracked only on rare occasions..

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    i use AST Sportline 1 with Hyperco 9kg and 8kg springs.

damper not too soft and can be hard as
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    how much did that entire setup cost? i havent heard too much about hyperco springs, most people talk about swift springs. I'm thinking AST would be a great setup to use for the price and of course have the ability for local (within aus) rebuild.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    bought the car with that set up. not a bad set up mate.

not sure how it goes with the sydney road tho.

Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    how much did that entire setup cost? i havent heard too much about hyperco springs, most people talk about swift springs. I'm thinking AST would be a great setup to use for the price and of course have the ability for local (within aus) rebuild.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo s2000
    Thanks mate
    Yes, RB26 - was still running the twin turbo setup, but with N1 turbos off a R34.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    any oil pump issue??

i am actually thinking of the other way around, wanting to trade my S2000 for GTR 32. haha

so hard to find one not modified or in good nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaorpowr View Post
    Thanks mate
    Yes, RB26 - was still running the twin turbo setup, but with N1 turbos off a R34.

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo s2000
    Haha if only I knew you earlier, we could have swapped.

Get one that is 93 or newer. The latter models had larger pump collar which vastly improved the oil supply. Also if you read SAU forums there are tricks to help with starvation such as slight overfill of engine oil.

I did about 5 or 6 track days and always drove it hard, didn't have any issues

I think dead stock one will be near impossible to find, better off finding a lightly modified one owned by an enthusiast. The main basic mods to look for (which are expensive to do your self) is turbos upgraded ballbearing ones. Then aftermaket ECU and exhaust.

I reckon if those basic mods the GTR will be running 280+ kw easily.

Mine had cams n shit and on a mild 17psi tune made 300+ kw