Member Array
    Car:
    AU XR8 220

OOOOOOOOOLD defect and RWC - Reregistering

Hey peoples.
    Noob type question.
    My prelude got defected over 2 years ago and i didnt NEED a car at the time so i just let the rego lapse. Public transport being very easy to use and being cheaper and all.
    But the time is coming that i need to reregister it.

One of the items on the defect was cause i had HID. At the time i had my stock reflector headlights in cause i was planning on modifying my aftermarket projectors and couldnt be bothered swapping wiring and all to put regular halogen globes in for the few weeks i was expecting to have the reflectors in.
    I have put the aftermarket projectors back in as one of the mounts on my stock headlights is broken so wouldnt pass the roady.

My question is:
    If the guy doing my roadworthy lets it pass with the HID in, (i know he isnt meant to without auto levellers and washers but my guy will probably pass it anyway), will the guys at VicRoads still look for the specific items from the defect from over 2 years ago?
    Or will they only do the regular reregistration inspection to make sure the RWC is valid, VIN, engine number, etc, matches up?

I am just being really lazy and really dont wanna stuff around with rewiring the headlights to swap to halogens just to rewire up the HID again after it is registered.
    Hallowed Are The Ori

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    No, the defect will still be attached to the car, so it needs be be done properly.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Ugh, HIDs in stock housings. I ****ing hate that shit. Do it properly, or not at all!

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Ugh, HIDs in stock housings. I ****ing hate that shit. Do it properly, or not at all!
    This

gay kunt ricers
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    AU XR8 220
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabir View Post
    At the time i had my stock reflector headlights in cause i was planning on modifying my aftermarket projectors and couldnt be bothered swapping wiring and all to put regular halogen globes in for the few weeks i was expecting to have the reflectors in.
    Good to see you can read.
    They are normally in projectors....were only in the stocks for a few weeks.
    Hallowed Are The Ori

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    abosolutely indie,I agree 100%

fed up with being blinded at night

however the OP has projectors in this case

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Ahh HID's in reflectors suck, when i put projectors in my jazz OMG the light was SO MUCH better, when i jump in the civic to compare the globes are pathetic - i feel like im drivign around blind.

thought i would add to the amount of useless posts here
    Last edited by GU357; 10-01-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabir View Post
    Good to see you can read.
    They are normally in projectors....were only in the stocks for a few weeks.
    I can read perfectly well. I'm glad that they are normally installed correctly, but I was referring to the several weeks during which you were driving around blinding everyone.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    IF it was a major Just get the rwc and u will be sweet. Vicroads won't even wana look at the car if u got a rwc.

How ever if it was a minor u will have to go thru the pits aswell
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    It will be fine all vicroads check is the vin number and engine number, aslong as u got the rwc you will get your new plates and rego

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    dunno if its the same as perth..

but when i bought my second prelude, it had a old defect which then the owner let the whole rego lapse.

i took it to the pits, they asked if i had a old defect in the past, i said no (played dumb, like chinese fob dumb), they did all the checks on the car, nek minut plates were on and i was driving it home.

maybe just play a little dumb.

if not then i would assume that it would just be a normal day at the pits as if it was a unregistered car.
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    dunno if its the same as perth..

but when i bought my second prelude, it had a old defect which then the owner let the whole rego lapse.

i took it to the pits, they asked if i had a old defect in the past, i said no (played dumb, like chinese fob dumb), they did all the checks on the car, nek minut plates were on and i was driving it home.

maybe just play a little dumb.

if not then i would assume that it would just be a normal day at the pits as if it was a unregistered car.
    At home DIY it is not hard. (Save $$$$$$$)If not useful than replace at a workshop.